Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awww! He is sooo cute and looks like a happy bub.

I was a caeserean because I was an awfully stubborn big bub - 9 lb, 15oz.
    Luckily, my two girls have been much smaller at 6lb, 3oz and 7lb, 6 oz especially since they were stubbornly sunny-side up babies. (I've been joking with the midwives that this one will be an 8 pounder. )
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Oh, how cute!

My brother was 8lbs 11ozs. I was 6lbs 9ozs. My mom's pretty tiny, too (maybe 5'1"). I think I am the favorite child.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Mishi View Post
        Awww! He is sooo cute and looks like a happy bub.

I was a caeserean because I was an awfully stubborn big bub - 9 lb, 15oz.
        Luckily, my two girls have been much smaller at 6lb, 3oz and 7lb, 6 oz especially since they were stubbornly sunny-side up babies. (I've been joking with the midwives that this one will be an 8 pounder. )
        He does appear to be a happy bub. A farty one too

At last count, he also appears to have passed his hearing test. (all babies in SA go through a hearing screening and a heel prick test. In the latter, they take a small blood sample and use it to check for various metabolic and genetic disorders, including CF and PKU)
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

'grats to mother and the rest of the family, just an adorable child. And that's a really good pic as well.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
            'grats to mother and the rest of the family, just an adorable child. And that's a really good pic as well.
            I think she's raising this one with the help of family, she's currently single I think. She also could NOT stop taking pics. She wound up getting about a dozen in the hospital room and about another 8-9 with today's scenario:

So her cousin (she's closer in blood to this one than I am) came today (not in hospital) with her two boys (who I've mentioned before-a 2-year-old and a 4-year-old) to meet the little tacker. The 2-year-old tried to give the baby a kiss, the older brother wanted in on the photo op. 2-year-old didn't like that and they got a bit fighty . Now they're friends again.

Given this is the fourth baby boy in the family so far (no matter how branched off we are ) I'm starting to see a trend here (given that out of all the "child" relatives, there are now only 3 boys). The running joke between my sister and I is that I'll be the one to buck the trend and either end up having a girl or twins when I decide to go down that track.

Comment

That's a big bub. My kiddo was only 7lbs 8ozs at birth. Well, I say only... They told me she was only 6lbs when I went into labour, over a week late. I'd like to point out, my family is TINY. I was only 115lbs when I got pregnant, so a 6lb baby would have been more then big enough.

No pain meds, no section. My nurse-midwife actually looked at my chart and said that because of my medical history anything BUT a natural birth was out of the question. While she was head down, she rotated on the way out and I had enough tearing that my mom, the neonatal nurse, almost fainted.

I spent more time being sewn up then in actual labor :S

Comment

So he's started to develop a little bit fo a personality.

Nearly every photo my cousin has taken of him so far has him in a pose of some sort or looking like he's modelling. It's insanely cute.

Comment

Working...
                X