This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asparagus seasoning

Tonight I'm making sweet and spicy chicken (honey, lemon, thai red chili paste), and have been asked to roast some asparagus that we have in the fridge. Any ideas on how to flavor it to go well with the chicken?
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

i am thinking butter garlic baste, but what di I know /shrug
    Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
    Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
    Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

I use white pepper and a tiny amount of butter. My sister eliminates the butter. It's good both ways.
      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Olive oil, nutmeg and lemon zest (the later two fresh grated, of course).
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

My default marinade is a vinaigrette, but since you have an Asian theme - toss with a little bit of toasted sesame oil and rice wine vinegar and salt or soy sauce, and then roast. Maybe add some toasted sesame seeds at the end.

Comment

Good asparagus doesn't need much. Throw some olive oil in a pan. Get it hot, chop some shallots, and sweat those suckers. Toss the asparagus in there (break off the woody ends first), then add salt and pepper. When they turn bright green, throw some white wine in that mess, along with a squeeze of fresh lemon, and put a lid on the pan. Cook time depends on how crunchy you like them, how thin they are, and how small they've been cut, but cook them to the desired done-ness, and nom.

Save the liquid, and stir some yoghurt in for a creamy sauce that goes really well on seafood. It keeps, so don't worry about using it same-day.

Comment

We've been fixing it lately by laying it out on a baking sheet, spraying it with Pam, sprinkling garlic powder and Lowry's seasoning salt on it, a sprinkle of lemon juice, and then put it in the oven at 400 degrees for 8 minutes. Quick and simple and tastes pretty good.
              A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Late for the party, but I've had good results with IT Grunt's suggestion, only with some thyme, freshly ground garlic, olive oil and then grated parmesan on top.
                A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Working...
                X