This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookit what I made!

Some Septagon cup coasters made out of chainmaille.

Although, I later belatedly realised (thanks to seraph) that they kinda fail on what coasters are meant to do, which is stop liquid getting onto surfaces, on account of all the holes, thanks to Seraph for pointing that out to me

Once I get a bit of money, I'm going to make 2 new coasters out of aluminium chainmaille.

The first will be "Nuke-A-Coasters" the coasters are basically going to look like radiation symbols with black and yellow rings, which should look pretty fun

the second will be "EvilCorp Coasters" similar to the Nuke-A-Coaster, but this time with the ubiquitous red, white and black of everyones favourite video game genetic and biological warfare corporation (I would make a coaster that is basically a replica of said logo but 1. possible legal troubles if i were to sell them and 2, the symbol uses 8 triangles, but with the chainmail coasters, they're made out of 6 sections)
    Attached Files
    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

I still think they are freaking amazing looking, though!
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

If you want em to provide coasterly function, cut out some felt in the same shape and stitch it to the back. It'll keep the water off the table and keep the metal from scratching wood.
      My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

They do look great! (How about some Evil Overlord coasters?)

Comment

I beleive the required reply to this epicness is...

SHUTUP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
          "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
          Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Chainmail is fun My friends made chainmail and scale flowers as party favors for their wedding (I helped make them). They're awesome. We turned them into magnets. I have one on my fridge.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
              They do look great! (How about some Evil Overlord coasters?)
              Evil Overlord Coasters? Are you suggesting an alternate colour pattern, or did you mean "EvilCorp"

It's 2am so can't quite understand your post

Comment

Hey what about coating them in clear rubber/plastic? You still have chainmaille coasters and they actually DO what they're meant to do.

By the way, speaking of chainmaille....

How cute are THESE?
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I could quite easily make teddy chainmail, same principles as normal chainmail only less rings.

I've also had the idea of using clear resin so then its more like a normal coaster, though the benefit of just having them as plain chainmail rings means you can play around with it when it's not in use, which is fun.

I also should have prototypes of the othjer two types of coasters i mentioned by monday at the latest.

Comment

Well, got the new rings but its going to be several hours before ic an work on them, after some thought i decided to coat my pliers in a thick layer of pva, to try and prevent my pliers form scratchign the lovely coloured coats. So gotta wait for them to dry.

Comment

Got the first prototype of my EvilCorp logo coaster done, fans of a third person survival horror series may recognise the colour scheme.

I'm thinking about giving it a black edging though all the way around, to bring it all together, as it were.

Got my Nuke-a-Coaster done too!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by RayvenQ; 04-20-2013, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Even though I don't recognise the colour scheme, I still think they look fantastic.
                        And the chain mail teddies are too too adorable.

Comment

Quoth MistressOfTangents View Post
                          And the chain mail teddies are too too adorable.
                          Thanks. Those were made by a friend of mine who sells them at medieval fairs and whatnot. He uses them to attract customers.

He also has a working ballista model. Let's just say that given the recent crap going on, there have been talks of it accidentally going off in the direction of the group that nobody likes.
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                          X