This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage preparation

Three couples were attending a marriage preparation course as required by the Catholic church.
    The priest went around the room just to get an idea of what he was dealing with.

One couple were fairly elderly, another couple were in their mid-40's and then there were a couple in their early 20's.

The priest found out that each couple were living together and engaging in pre-marital sex. He explained that the church frowns on this, and said that there is a feeling by the church that there will be times in the married life when abstinence will be a necessity and a couple should base their marriage on more then just sexual compatibility.

He said he was giving them a test.
    For one month, they were to abstain from sex of any kind.
    In another month, they were to come back and check in with him.

A month went by and all 3 couples came back.

He asked the first couple about their experience.
    "Well, Father," the elderly couple said, "We're not as young as we used to be, so it wasn't a major problem going without sex for a month. We did miss it, but we were fine without it."

He turned to the next couple, the pair in their 40's.
    "Father, it was a difficult month, we must admit. We were often tempted, but we found other ways to show our affection, and we talked a lot. I think it really helped us strengthen our bond. It was a very interesting experiment."

Finally, it was the turn of the young couple, who had been sitting there, a little red-faced and squirming.
    "Father," the young groom-to-be said sheepishly, "we failed. We tried and tried, and it was going OK for the first week. Then, one night, I saw her, bent over the freezer, and I couldn't help myself. I took her, right then and there, and I have to say, it was the best sex we ever had, right there on top of the freezer."

The priest got very upset and said, "You know what? I am not going to continue with this. I want you two to leave, right now, and come back when you can show some maturity and self control."

"Oh, that's OK, Father," the young man said, "We're not allowed back in the local Safeway either."
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.
Working...
X