Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Old 08-23-2019, 04:28 AM
stressed out broke pizza guy

Location: In the land of Green and Gold eating Pepperoni with an UZI

Damn I wonder what it would have cost to fix something, back in the day, such as an IBM 3800 laser printer. If memory servers that machine could rip through a 8 foot cylinder of print media in no time

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Old 08-25-2019, 03:23 PM
Store Manager

Quote:
Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
The secretary was beside herself since she now had to explain to her boss why she demanded such an expensive service call for something so simple.

Not my problem.
Well, as the prior tales made clear, a service call isn't nearly as expensive as having an aggressive technophobe attack the problemmachine.

Old 08-25-2019, 09:25 PM
Cashier

A month or so ago, the PDF multi-media printer closest to me stopped printing. I did some basic trouble shooting and found that a co-worker had pulled out the toner cartridge and managed to jam it back in all kittywampus. When I couldn't get it out by pulling on it, I stopped trying because I didn't want to further damage the PDF and/or wear a container of toner. When I called it in, I mentioned that said co-worker was always rather enthusiastic in her actions. *

Service guy was there a few days later, managed to get the cartridge out, repair the slide thingy that got bent and had it working again. As I was signing off on the work order, he told me that from now on, "rather enthusiastic in their actions" was the tech folks new code phrase for "dumbass".

*she didn't get pushed under a bus, names were never mentioned and my co-workers were mostly female, so using gender wasn't a give-away.

Last edited by Slave to the Phone; 08-25-2019 at 09:27 PM.