X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hating kids for different reasons

WORST. SHIFT. EVER.

Wednesday afternoon shift.
    I just clocked in and did some minor organising and I'm just chilling in the back with some tea. About an hour after I clock in, I hear a thunk but think it's just a car boot going down. A guest comes in and he asks if we have cameras on the property. I say yes and ask why.

Turns out, a bunch of kids ran through the entrance, kicked the guy's car in, climbed over the hood and jumped over the back gate to the backstreet. We had to call the police in to do a police report and I contacted my supervisor to send a clip of the incident. Since WE the motel was not directly responsible for the incident, the guy will have to explain all this to the insurance company. Slim chances, but I hope those kids get caught before they trash the town.

I was way out of my depth here and nearly froze up from frustration and anger. I'm honestly surprised I didn't stress vomit.

Later on, a guest checks into a Queen size room. They booked online for 2 people, but I notice that he has a few passports in his hand. Thinking nothing of it, I check him in. As he's in the pool however, I notice that he has up to 4 kids with him. As he's on his way to his room, I confront him about it.

Apparently, he booked online for 2 adults and 4 kids and the request was somehow approved by the system. He said that he was on a budget. I say no, and tell him he has to move to another room and pay a fee since he was over-capacity for a 2 person room. Thankfully he was chill about it and he moved to the other room without a fuss. Next time, be honest about your bookings.

Ugh, I ended up being stressed for the whole shift and barely got my breathing back under control. Had to have some chamomile tea when I got home. Kids these days are total ratbags that only get slaps on the wrists these days, when they should face hard punishment to learn a lesson. Forget warnings, just sentence them to community service.

And please be honest with your bookings, because if you violate the rules like this the only other option is to kick you out.

You can't totally blame the kids. If parents raised them right, this wouldn't happen. From the time he was 2, my son knew all actions had consequences. Good got you good, bad got you punished. Easy as that.
    My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

Exactly. Kids today are not disciplined and they are not punished for unacceptable behavior. And it's bullshit. They make life hell for people who just want their stuff left alone and some peace and quiet. My kids never got away with that crap.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Even if I wanted to, If I hadn't taught the little guy manners my parents would have disowned me. My dad had an old school pre WW2 farm upbringing, and my mother's wasn't much more lenient.
        My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

My parents' house was on a corner lot, and originally there were lots of tall trees -- birch? I don't remember, but tall skinny trees -- along the edge of the property.

There were two incidents with my brother and his friends involving these trees. One involved them hiding in the trees and tossing snowballs at oncoming cars. The other involved one of them pretending to walk along the street, and when there was an oncoming car, the rest would jump out of the trees and pretend to beat the crap out of the 'victim' and then drag him into the trees.

On one of those occasions, I don't remember which, one of the oncoming cars was a cop car.

Oops.

Cop goes up to the house and knocks on the door and Mom answers. Cop tells her what her son and his friends are up to.

Mom *in a very flat voice*: "Thank you. I will take care of them."

Cop: "Uh, ma'am, I'm sure they didn't mean any harm."

Mom: "No problem. I. Will. Take. Care. Of. Them."

The cop left then, but I suspect he made a note of the address, thinking he'd be called back there in the next, oh, 30 minutes or so.

I wasn't living at home, so I'm not sure what transpired, but I do know they never did either one again.
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
            The other involved one of them pretending to walk along the street, and when there was an oncoming car, the rest would jump out of the trees and pretend to beat the crap out of the 'victim' and then drag him into the trees.
            I will never, ever understand what passes for "humor" with school-age and teenage boys.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              I will never, ever understand what passes for "humor" with school-age and teenage boys.
              Evolutionary survival selection. It gives their parents (and neighbors) hope...

"Maybe *I* won't have to kill them!"
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
              X