This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth eltf177 View Post
    And for some reason this doesn't surprise me one bit. I guess leaving in lieu of getting fired and charges filed is the better part of valor.

I'm also guessing at this point the car won't be found, probably long since chopped up for spare parts. What about the claim, any way to deny it?
    IIRC, the claim did get denied. The whole criminal end of it got involved when Dumbass tried to appeal it.

I'll bet he sold the car for cash, and the new owner either doesn't realize he's in a hot car, or it got shipped to another country and has a new VIN.

In which case, they could call on Twitch to do the job.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

• Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
      I'll bet he sold the car for cash, and the new owner either doesn't realize he's in a hot car, or it got shipped to another country and has a new VIN.

In which case, they could call on Twitch to do the job.
      Now that would be a story. But pair up Twitch with Johnny Ruckus and we've got a winner.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
        IIRC, the claim did get denied. The whole criminal end of it got involved when Dumbass tried to appeal it.
        I remember Dumbass did try to get more money for his 'loss' but I can't remember if he got anything at all or the claim was pending things like a police report, etc.

Comment

I remember Dumbass did try to get more money for his 'loss' but I can't remember if he got anything at all or the claim was pending things like a police report, etc.
          It's a long and involved story that never added up. The claim was denied and referred to the cops for fraud. Which started a whole shit storm for him at his job and now he's quit before being sent.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

• That's how I think it went as well.

Now the big question is, will fraud charges be filed? Unfortunately it sounds like there's just not enough evidence for that.

OTOH I don't see this guy being able to get another job where he can pull a stunt like this again!

Comment

• Quoth Marmalady View Post
              They call Argabarga's company.
              Towsdrusters, right?
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

That's how I think it went as well.

Now the big question is, will fraud charges be filed? Unfortunately it sounds like there's just not enough evidence for that.

OTOH I don't see this guy being able to get another job where he can pull a stunt like this again!
                Our friendly neighbourhood investigator continues to work with the Police to get Fraud charges filed...

For those asking, the claim was declined.
                How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

• Quoth TimmyHate View Post
                  Our friendly neighbourhood investigator continues to work with the Police to get Fraud charges filed...

For those asking, the claim was declined.
                  So happy to hear claim was denied!

Here's hoping fraud charges can be added to this!

Comment

• I can see it now: "Hey, the company didn't pay the claim, so no harm, no foul, amirite?"

Comment

• Quoth sirwired View Post
                      I can see it now: "Hey, the company didn't pay the claim, so no harm, no foul, amirite?"
                      Reminds me of Sideshow Bob... "I'm in prison for a crime I didn't commit. I mean, attempted murder? What kind of a crime is that? Do they give out nobel prizes for attempted chemistry?!"
                      Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
                      Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
                      Fiancee: What?!
                      Me: Nevermind.

Comment

I can see it now: "Hey, the company didn't pay the claim, so no harm, no foul, amirite?"
                        Sadly this has and does happen!
                        How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

It's kind of like chess -- as long as the claimant keeps his finger touching the claim, it doesn't count until he takes his finger away.
                          To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
                          To pursue it with forks and hope;
                          To threaten its life with a railway share;
                          To charm it with forks and hope!

Comment

Working...
                          X