Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know about the US, but for anyone working like that in the UK, being touched by a customer, in any way, without your permission, or it being a requirement, is classed as assault, never mind invasion of personal space

Comment

• Quoth Supernautus View Post
      I don't know about the US, but for anyone working like that in the UK, being touched by a customer, in any way, without your permission, or it being a requirement, is classed as assault, never mind invasion of personal space
      The definition of assault is suffering anlawful violence, a brushing of the arm probably wouldn't count as violence and would be very hard to prove, especially in court.
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

• I guess the laws on assault are very different here then, as I say a customer even touching someone here is technically assault, especially if unwanted, could also be classed as sexual harassment I guess

Comment

• Quoth Supernautus View Post
          I guess the laws on assault are very different here then, as I say a customer even touching someone here is technically assault, especially if unwanted, could also be classed as sexual harassment I guess
          I'm in the UK.

I work with criminal law everyday.

Sexual Harrasement, if it were more than one occasion

Assault, incredibly hard to prove, technically could be but no conviction would ever be brought from someone touching someone elses arm the once.
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

• THEY'RE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dearabby.com

Not only are they up, but Saydrah's letter made it in in a cut down and edited form.

See post 31 in this thread to see Saydrah's full letter.
            Last edited by technical.angel; 05-15-2008, 01:55 PM. Reason: More and more info!
            SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
            SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

• Actually, if you read the 4 letters after the smug commentary by Abby, the first two actually don't agree with her. The third one is kind of with her. The fourth one is completely "it goes with the territory, cope or get a different job," and I hope I never work with that guy.

Interestingly enough, of the five letters she printed, the first three are from women (all on Nicki's side, more or less) and the last two are from men (one calling for Nicki to be more aware and the other the "cope" guy).

The middle response is actually from Saydrah (#31 in this thread), so we got two responses out of five!

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• The update is already being discussed in another thread
                I don't think we need 2 threads discussing the same thing.
                I'm closing this one.
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                X