Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disgusting TV is Disgusting (image heavy)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barf. Our electronics get full of cat hair and lint, but no bugs...not even ants, which are most typical of the insects that come in here (well, spiders too but they just hang out in corners).

Shop Lizard is very cool. He doesn't look very big...that's neat that he hangs around your shop regularly. I see lizards all the time but I don't think I ever see the same one twice.
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth Betweenshades View Post
      And now, the shop lizard! I don't see him much, but there aren't any bugs around, so he must be well-fed!

That looks like a monitor....*rimshot*

Thank you thank you....

Don't forget to tip your waitress....
      Last edited by MadMike; 06-28-2011, 05:09 AM. Reason: No need to quote the entire post, especially the image.

Comment

Quoth Laund-o-rama Mama View Post
        Ugh, if these are the DEAD ones, I'd hate to see how many are ALIVE and crawling all over her house.
        Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
        At the games store awhile back I had a guy trying to sell an Xbox 360 and some games and accessories and EVERYTHING was covered in bugs.
        CC beat me to it, L-Mama -- when I was at GameStore, we did everything in our power to keep the place bug-free (it helped that it was within a mall, with no doors leading to the scary outside place with the big ball of fire)...ie, kept a close eye on people with food, cleaned same up when it inevitably ended up on the floor 2 feet from the trash can, maintained strict "clean it up or else" rules for people working there who brought lunch, etc...Until one day, someone brought in an XBOX (classic) that just seemed a little bit dusty on the outside...We hooked it up to test it, and a SWARM of tiny roaches promptly came out and spread throughout the store...At which point, the SC made a comment along the lines of, "Well yeah, I knew about the bugs, that's why it doesn't work! Why do you think I wanted to trade it in?!"

That store has never been completely bug-free ever since, no matter how much spraying they did x.x I'm fairly certain the infestation spread to other shops, as well.
        Last edited by EricKei; 06-28-2011, 05:11 AM.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Shop lizard is cute!! I want him (her?)

Comment

SSSHHH!! We gotta be quiet....that TV is BUGGED!!
            Sorry I couldn't resist...
            Answers: $1
            Correct Answers: $2
            Answers that require thought: $5
            Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

Ew. Ew. Ew.

I am actually not squeamish at all when it comes to vermin, except for rats (bad experience there), but I would die before I brought in something like that to a repair shop.

I have lived in apartments in NYC and Chicago, and yes, sometimes you see a roach or two. One person in the building can mess things up for everyone else. But when that was the case, I would inspect items very carefully before bringing it in for repair. And I would find maybe ONE dead roach, nothing like that. Just ew.

Comment

no wonder her tv needs help. it really does have bugs...

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
                If she can afford a TV and repairs, she can afford an exterminator or at the very least, a can of Hot Shot and some roach baits. Eurgh! Reminds me of the cashiers up front telling us stories about the cloth reusable bags people bring in; they've had them set them up on the counter only to have countless, countless roaches come scattering out of them.
                Not necessarily. They might be dropping it off for an estimate with no plans on taking it back.

Where I work we have two large TVs and one smaller CPU monitor where the owners refused the estimate and subsequently have decided our store is a dumping ground. Thankfully none of them are roach motels, just bulky and taking up space.
                Last edited by PepperElf; 06-28-2011, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Looking at the thorax of one of the adult carcasses, those are indeed German Cockroaches (why yes, I'm in Entomology, why do you ask? ).

In Florida, she's just lucky she didn't end up with Fire Ants in there. They, too love the electricity.

Comment

Quoth Igorina View Post
                    Looking at the thorax of one of the adult carcasses, those are indeed German Cockroaches (why yes, I'm in Entomology, why do you ask? ).

In Florida, she's just lucky she didn't end up with Fire Ants in there. They, too love the electricity.
                    I have a weird obsession with wanting to know what the creepy crawlies are that invade my home. It stems from how I got my arachnophobia to a low roar. But I digress...

We have fire ants at my house. We've been able to keep them outside, luckily. Nasty buggers... um, so to speak.

They might be dropping it off for an estimate with no plans on taking it back.
                    When we called them, we told them that it was going to be put outside in our shed until they picked it up or we tossed it. They told us to toss it. :P
                    "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

All I can say is thankfully I've never had more that dead spiders in anything I've stripped, though smokers and pets in the same household don't make for nice computers to work on.

I remember one machine coming back 2 weeks after being sold because the customer couldn't work out how to use Win7 (I refused to exchange, all machines have Win7 and I wouldn't have been able to resell anyway) that was sticky with fag smoke/tar/nicotine etc.

Yuk

Anyways Ventblockers Pt1, Ventblockers Pt2.

Enjoy - now you know the reason for the latex gloves in my bag.
                      Not y3k compatible

Comment

Quoth manybellsdown View Post
                        How does that even HAPPEN?
                        Cockroaches love electricity. I've spent the whole night, twice this year, chasing the little buggers out of the RV and I have those infrared outlet thingers installed. Damned roaches are EVERYWHERE in Central New Mexico.

Saw someone mention Louisiana having roaches. Seeing as I'm heading that way next summer, methink I'z about to screw the pooch on that one. FRACK.
                        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                          Holy crap. I recently dusted out the inside of my computer (hadn't been done since I built it last year), and it was pretty bad, but there were still no bugs. ::twitch::
                          When the HVAC tech tuned our furnace, he found several dead mice--hiding from the cats, no doubt. Do I credit the cats for those as kills?
                          Back to the OP: How much extra to fumigate the TV?
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                            Cockroaches love electricity. I've spent the whole night, twice this year, chasing the little buggers out of the RV and I have those infrared outlet thingers installed. Damned roaches are EVERYWHERE in Central New Mexico.

Saw someone mention Louisiana having roaches. Seeing as I'm heading that way next summer, methink I'z about to screw the pooch on that one. FRACK.
                            No,roaches don't live everywhere in central NM,I'm in Edgewood & there's no roaches here.They need sewers,they can't live in septic tanks.Since I'm a Realtor I've seen lots of houses in the East Mountain area & not one has had roaches.
                            "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Kill the TV with fire, an axe, and a reminder from Bob Barker to have your pets spayed and neutered. Nasty.
                              "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                              "What IS fun to fight through?"
                              "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
                                No,roaches don't live everywhere in central NM,I'm in Edgewood & there's no roaches here.They need sewers,they can't live in septic tanks.Since I'm a Realtor I've seen lots of houses in the East Mountain area & not one has had roaches.
                                Cockroaches do not need sewers in order to survive, they can thrive just about anywhere. I'm currently living, quite literally, in the middle of the state and I've seen them skittering around on my walks from my door to my car. Edgewood is green and pretty and HUMID compared to this place.

I don't care if you've seen lots of of houses that doesn't have roaches. I used to live in houses that never had roaches. Big deal. I'm saying they are here and I have to deal with them (Mom hates them. What 7th gen Floridian doesn't?).

In fact, I'm envious if you seriously have never seen a roach in Edgewood because, dear god, I found a DOOZY of a roach in EvilQueen's backyard.

I can't stop reading Edgewood as Edgeworth. Thanks, Phoenix Wright, you suck.
                                Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
                                X