This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are you on my phone, then?

I've recently taken on providing website assistance to callers. I'd already pretty much learned it anyhow just in the course of normal customer service and did have tech support experience, but I'm now officially assigned to that queue (among others).

Most of my callers are reasonable human beings, and I can cope with less-than-stellar tech knowledge or a certain amount of frustration (unless you're personally insulting me because you can't handle the website). Sure, it's good for a (mental) groan when they answer "which web browser are you using?" with something like "Yahoo" or "Windows", but once I get the concept I'm trying to discuss across to them, they usually manage to follow instructions decently and are appreciative when I get them where they want to be.

Today seemed to be "arrogant jerk" day, such as the several who insisted that they are tech-savvy and felt that such proven strategies as clearing the browser cookies, etc., and restarting the browser are a pointless waste of time.

Then there was the woman who claimed to have created a user login on a financial website without being required to create a password.

Oh, and for bonus granite-gnawing points, there was the guy who did not have certain essential info, without which getting onto and using said website is flat-out impossible by design, since said essential info is required for account security, and claimed literacy issues, who demanded that I get him onto that website. Nope, not happening, no can do, refuse to try. Get the info you need and a helper if necessary and call back.

Come on, now, people. If you're really the technical genius you purport to be, why are you even asking for help from lowly little me? Also, why are you tying up my line when I have a queue of people who actually NEED and WANT my aid?
    Last edited by Seanette; 05-23-2018, 03:03 AM.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Quoth Seanette View Post
    Then there was the woman who claimed to have created a user login on a financial website without being required to create a password.
    This one I can actually believe. A number of sites (and it does tend to be the case with higher security required ones) have you set up an account then email a temporary password to you.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

This one does not. 100% certainty on this.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
      X