This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating an old iPad

Normally I wouldn't bother with updating it because I rarely use it and haven't had any problems, but my aunt wants to use it to watch Disney+. Didn't realize until I got it to her house and tried to download the app that I needed to update it to the current iOS.

Right now it's running on iOS 10.3.3 and there doesn't seem to be anymore automatic updates. Yes I've tried turning it off and turning it back on, my PC does not have iTunes on it [I've already looked] so I can update it manually that way, and I can't seem to update anything on it that isn't as old as the current iOS.

What would be a good way to update this iPad without downloading a bunch of stuff on my HP desktop that I won't ever use again?
    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

There are limits to the compatibility ranges for old iPads. Apple learned the limits of backward compatibility, from the experience of supporting 10-year-old+ Macs.

Comment

Probably not going to be able to manually update it since Apple stops updating and supporting older versions. iPad 4 or older stops at 10.3.3
      My iPad Air is on iOS 12.4.5 and can’t update to 13 while hubby’s has the latest version since he got a brand new one from work.
      My recommendation is to not download iTunes since it won’t help you if you got a iPad 4 or earlier models.
      Got this link from hubby that shows what devices are iOS 11 compatible
      https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209574

Hope anything of this info helps and you find a way to watch Disney+

Comment

I think I have an earlier one, I got it a number of years ago so its most likely not going to be updated past what it already is. So it looks like we're stuck, her on her phone with me on my desktop.

Thanks for your help, both of you!
        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Working...
        X