This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Like witnessing the birth of an artifact?"

A slightly winded Samara walks up to them a limp still noticable, but she obviously having just come back from a run.

"Maybe field work isn't cut out for you Ted, but who knows, you may find us something that we might otherwise over look. I remember my first assignment...."

Her eyes go distant for a long moment, enough to make the silence slightly uncomfortable, before she gives herself a little shake.

"been doing this for 10 years now...seen the birth of 4 artifacts."
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Josiah groaned at the sound of Sam's voice. "You no talk loud. Coffee no work yet."
      Then what she said sank in. "Wait. Birth... of an artifact?"

Comment

• Ted shakes his head. "While witnessing a birth of an artifact would be something I am interested in, I'd prefer something older..something I can dig into and find out about."
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "Your life will change when you see any birth...artifact births are rare nowadays, but back in Artie's day they popped up like 3 times an hour."

Samara chuckles with a smirk on her face.

"researching the right elements to know when an artifact might occur is boring, but it can happen. Sometimes we don't bother with these artifacts for years simply because they are not malicious."
          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Ted nods. "I am not Indiana Jones though. No temple of doom for me." He laughs. "Give me a boring old dig, where we use small brushes any day."
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Josiah grinned, "Awweddy check Indie. No. Mo'. Pawachute."

Comment

• Samara smacks josiah upside the head while chuckling.

"You boys ready to head out?"

Comment

• "Yeah... but the perkiest one drives. I sleep... Hangover still raging."

Comment

• "I've been up since 6am, went for a 4 mile run and got my morning coffee...and I drank more then you lightweight."

She smiles and hands him a large cool bottle of water and a cup of coffee as she makes her way to her room to grab her stuff.

Comment

• "Might as well, I'll drive. Sleep is for the weak and the dead." Ted chuckles.

Comment

• They get on the road not an hour later, Samara paying for the hotel rooms. They bundle josiah into the back seat, and Samara pushes her own seat back as far as possible to stretch out her leg.

Samara speaks in low tones while Ted drives to let josiah sleep.

"Listen, I've been in your shoes before, I tend to forget that you two are kids in regards to this. Every aspect of this company is like a family, I'm the annoying older sister looking out for my "baby" brothers, much like my first partner did for me, Artie is the overbearing father."

She shifts slightly closing her eyes and is silent for a long time, Ted thinking shes nodded off to sleep, before she speaks again.

"You'll find your place in all this mess, Mrs Fredricks would not of hired you if she didn't think you had some serious potential.

Comment

• Ted drives on in silence, not giving voice to what he was thinking. Which is..that was what he was afraid of most. His worst fear was that things like shooting those two..things..would become second hand. Just doing it without thinking about it. The fact that he had not batted an eye as those two..creatures were put down like rabid dogs was what was bothering him the most. He knew it was the right thing, but that it came so easy was what frightened him.

He drove straight on, letting the two sleep..until either they reached their detination..or until he couldn't drive safely anymore. Then he would pull over, or pull into a motel/hotel parking lot..whichever was convenient. No sense being a danger on the road he mused.

Comment

• Samara drives for awhile lost deep in thought, Ted pretty convinced shes not really seeing the road ahead of them.

"I remember the first time I shot a gun to intentionally kill someone....I threw up my guts almost immediately. I got hardily laughed at for it of course..."

Comment

• Ted nods lost deep in thought. "That back there, with the guys with no eyes..I never want to come up against it again. Not them specifically, but to the point where not only is there no real choice, but that it doesn't bother me to make that choice."

Comment

• "That day may never happen....but I'd dealt with those guys before.....I can honestly tell you that that was the only way to handle them."

Comment

Working...
                                X