Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most new cars today are on the order of 3500-4000 lbs. SUVs are more common, and tend to be heavier. The only 2000 lb cars that I know of that are currently being sold are the Lotus Elise, and a couple of super-low-end econoboxes. (E.g., Mitsubishi Mirage, Toyota Yaris, etc.)

Even the MINI Cooper and Porsche Boxster are about 3,000 lbs.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

I've got a hybrid sedan, so I've got a bit more weight than normal, but I'm sure my Camry's still on the lighter side, especially compared to all those trucks. In that case, I did have trucks on 3 sides. Worse comes to worse, I could always bail out into the snowy frozen ditch at 120kmh, but luckily I didn't need to and was able to wiggle out of the convoy fairly quickly. But it wasn't a fun situation to be in one way or another.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
        Oh my word. How the heck did that get in there?
        Involuntarily.
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
          There's always somewhere to go, it's just not always somewhere you want to go.
          Clark! We're stuck under a truck!
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
          X