This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing what not being sucky can do

I'm not sure that this qualifies as "good service" -- more like "just really nice, thank you."

I now live near the downtown core of my city, where of course parking meters are legion. I usually put about an hour's worth of coins into the meter and just hope for the best if I'm late.

A few days ago I walked out of a small cafe and headed for my vehicle. Oops. Parking enforcement officer is standing in front of it, looking at it.

Me: "Oops. Got back here too late, eh?"

Her: "This your car?"

Me: "Yep. Took too long over my coffee."

Her: "Nope." She smiled and tucked away her book of citations (I'm guessing that's what it was) and walked away.

Me: "HEY, THANK YOU!"
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Awww, that's cool. I'm so willing to do things like waive fees or push a request through if someone's nice. I have some special powers. Not many, but some.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I used to do, for nice customers, what I thought I could get away with as well when I was working at Ye Now Defunct Tea Shoppe.

I've never complained about parking tickets. Fact is, I put an hour's worth of coins in, and sat there reading and drinking coffee for 90 minutes or two hours ... whose fault is that? I just figure The Force is with me when I come out and there's no ticket.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
      X