This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You think I'm THAT good?!

So bit of background: The governance structure at Hospital O'Awesome falls into three tiers: Tier 1 is basically board of director level, Tier 2 is what I like to think of as executive level and Tier 3 is the day-to-day stuff (that is, there's no committee that reports TO them). The scope of my role involves most of the Tier 3 meetings and one or two of the Tier 2 meetings that involve stuff from the Tier 3 meetings I sit in on. Those Tier 2 meetings likewise report to a couple of the Tier 1 committees.

During one of our team meetings the other day, the subject of one of the Tier 1 committees came up. Awesome Boss is going overseas for a couple of weeks and Awesome Coworker was worried about having to speak to that meeting while he was gone. He assured her that she didn't have to, then dropped this tidbit:

"They also wanted LadyofArc to look at taking the minutes and doing the agenda for that meeting, but I said no."

Do you want to know WHY he said no? Because it's a board-of-director level meeting, there are a number of legal requirements that the company secretary has to fulfill (which also include what I can and can't say in the minutes) and I do not have the legal training to do so. (This sums it up: http://aicd.companydirectors.com.au/..._redirect=true)

That is the ONLY reason why he said no. But apparently, despite the fact I've only been there three months, it's actually quite touching that a number of staff including members of the board, think I'm actually good enough to take minutes for the board of directors!

(For the record, my style of taking minutes is to sum up the key points and any actions arising. If it's a "shit hits the fan," meeting, I'll note that a case was discussed and any notes of interest that don't compromise the patient)

Competence and professionalism do tend to make themselves obvious to others with similar qualities.

Sounds like it's time to grab some of that legal training, just in case.

Comment

Quoth Buzzard View Post
      Competence and professionalism do tend to make themselves obvious to others with similar qualities.

Sounds like it's time to grab some of that legal training, just in case.
      As the saying goes: First class people hire first-class people. Second-class people hire second- and third-class people. Third-class people hire fourth- and fifth-class people.

Comment

Sounds like they need to train you up so you can do it.
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
          Sounds like they need to train you up so you can do it.
          From what I understand, it is also a full-time job in and of itself, so even if I was given the opportunity, I'd be respectfully declining. I kinda like where I'm at right now, but still, for them to think I'm good enough for that is absolutely amazing.

Comment

Working...
          X