The Coronavirus Panic Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth EricKei View Post
    bee - Maybe people want to use it to clear out snow? I dunno if that would actually WORK, but, who knows? Product shortages have taken place on flimsier logic than that!
    It has long been recommended as a traction enhancer for getting unstuck.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

bee - Maybe people want to use it to clear out snow? I dunno if that would actually WORK, but, who knows? Product shortages have taken place on flimsier logic than that!
      It does work, and it's easier to get large amounts of than salt
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• And it is pretty good at cleaning up Automotive fluid leaks in the garage.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• Good to know
          Makes more sense than people buying milk and ice cream just before a weather event (e.g. a hurricane) where they expect to lose power, at any rate!
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• The Branch Manager's fiancé tested positive for COVID on Friday. So far, she's only having mild symptoms. BM is quarantining and working remotely until he gets tested, and probably longer since I doubt he can effectively quarantine away from his fiancé. He's not having any symptoms, so I'm not too worried about the rest of us at our branch. Both BM and his fiancé are otherwise in good health, so I think they'll be ok.
            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
            -Mira Furlan

Comment

• *le sigh* Sis-in-law officially has the 'Rona, so the five of them are all staying home for a couple weeks. Bro says she feels like she has a moderate flu atm. Worried about her because she just came off of a long-ass breast cancer treatment regimen less than two months ago O_O She's clear of that, at least.

Just got back from getting her some drugs.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

• I know a lot of close people online who have been or are sick with covid right now. A co worker had it and recovered. Another coworker's mom passed away from it. It's getting closer and closer to us and I don't like it.
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• My former coworker still has asthma from it. She had it for the whole month of June.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Our Branch Manager still isn't having symptoms, and he's expecting to get results of his second COVID test today. He said if it's negative, he's going to try to convince our HR person to let him come back to work. I hope she doesn't let him. His fiancé is still recovering from COVID, and I can't see any way two people can quarantine from each other in the same house. I'd prefer he stayed home for at least another week.

Meanwhile, we're already getting calls from customers asking if they've gotten their stimulus check yet. We've been telling them no, and we don't know when they'll arrive, even though we can see on our ACH system that they're scheduled to be deposited on Monday. We have no idea if something will change between today and Monday, and we don't want to get customers' hopes up.
                    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                    -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Update: SIL is...mostly...over it, tho she did have to go to the ER at one point, where she was treated with the usual barrage of antibiotics and whatever. At its worst, she said it felt like an unusually severe flu, so she was down for the count for several days. Her hubby and kids have been (wisely) acting on the assumption that they're all infected, too, and have been quarantining accordingly.

Comment

• Over here, our Tier 4 restrictions (out of 5 where 5 = martial law) have been prolongued until January 17th.

That essentially means that all shops that are NOT selling food or medicine are mandated to be closed. Restaurants/cafes can do takeout or delivery, though.

Also all schools are closed/sent to online education - spec-ed schools and classes are exempt, but they have allowed parents to opt for online lessons for these children as well if they want to. (That's what I've chosen for Lil'Zel as his option would be to take a public bus through the whole town to get there)
                        A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

• Here (deep south), people are basically saying that they're relieved that they'll "be able to send their kids back to in-person school come January" O_O

Comment

• Not with Texas throwing away vaccine doses, they won't! They let them get too warm and had to discard them.
                            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

• Worse, someone who is now a *former* employee at a health center up in Wisconsin ruined over fifty vials of vaccine by leaving them out on the counter intentionally (50+ doses; they have to be kept near or below freezing, depending on the type). they have admitted to doing so, and the police have been called in to look into it formally.

Comment

Here (deep south), people are basically saying that they're relieved that they'll "be able to send their kids back to in-person school come January" O_O
                                I'm not quite in the deep south, but I'm hoping and praying my son's school is able to open like they plan to in mid January. He goes to a charter school, so I feel like they have been able to do things in the name of health and safety that public schools can't or won't. They only have about half of the students on campus; the rest are either hybrid or fully online. Masks are required for teachers and students over 6. the 3-6 kids are required to either have a mask or face shield. My son wears a mask. If it's not safe enough, the school won't open. He and I both have so much better mental health when he goes to school. We grin and bear it when he can't.
                                I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Working...
                                X