This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup, Tax Season is almost over

So first customer of the day at the tax place. Made me giggle so hard I had to take a break and share.

Customer only had $3000 in income, but tried she to claim $9000 in rent. That is an immediate red flag in my brain. She also said not in subsidized housing or living with anyone.

I ask her if she worked off the books anywhere? Nope. Any odd jobs around town? Her reply:
    "Well, they usually don't want to go out. They just come to my house for an hour then leave"
    She gets the "OH $hit" look. My Coworker's eyes go .
    Customer grabs her stuff and starts to run out. The made me call out "You can claim that on a schedule C and deduct your expenses" as the door closed.

------

We did have our customer come back with his "Hydroponics" business. Writing off items such as baggies.

-------
    You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

Wouldn't the deductions start as the door opened?

;-)
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Don't tell me, let me guess: Their net income is in the range for maximum earned income credit. Sounds like another candidate for the 3949-A.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Trust me, I have filed a couple 3949-A's this year. I was glad she did not file with us.
        Damn hookers messing everything up for us.
        You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

Comment

Quoth AmethystSquirrel View Post
          Damn hookers messing everything up for us.
          We've got enough, tending to our knitting, without their crotchettes...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

As Al Capone learned, no matter the source, you need to declare ALL income.
            I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
              We've got enough, tending to our knitting, without their crotchettes...
              i know its totally off topic i loved this

Comment

The true sign of a pro? Never batting an eyelid regardless of the profession.

"Job: prostitute? Sorry, you need the blue form, not the green one"
                Violets are blue,
                Roses are red,
                I bequeath to thee...
                A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Quoth Kagato View Post
                  "Job: prostitute? Sorry, you need the blue form, not the green one"
                  But she works behind the green door.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post

"...and don't let him clean himshelf until after he'sh transhlated the ledgah!"

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
                      That's when you use the line "Miscellaneous income, source declined".

(Basically, you're saying, this is how much money I made, none of your damn business where I got it from.)

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                        That's when you use the line "Miscellaneous income, source declined".

(Basically, you're saying, this is how much money I made, none of your damn business where I got it from.)
                        Wait, that's legal? Doesn't that just encourage money laundering? /accountant's hat
                        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

IANAL but under the 5th Amendment, you cannot be forced to self-incriminate. So, as long as you declare ALL your income and pay your tax on it. The government cannot compel you to say how you got it.
                          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Yup, it's legal, as long as you don't try to take any deductions against it.

My father was a CPA. One of his clients was "connected", as they say. That line featured prominently on his return.

When my father told me of that, I asked, doesn't that kind of attract official attention? He said basically you don't use that line unless you've already got their attention.

Comment

Working...
                            X