This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    is it wrong that I've before stood outside an unlocked classroom door just to see if I'll get a group of like 10 people who will just stand outside with me before someone checks if it's locked
    Wow, I have to try this sometime.

Comment

So, you guys basically are into what amounts to Live Action Lemmings?

I think college instructors lose all hope the first time they have to put up "Class will be held in Building X, Room Y" sign on a door.
      "Where hell is everyone?!"
      "Uh, I think they are having an exploratory expedition in which they search every building and every room except the one you told them you'd be in."
      "Argh!"
      The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury. - Marcus Aurelius
      If you're slower than me, stupider than me, and you taste good...you're dinner - Anthony Bourdain

Memento mori.

Comment

Quoth Zombi View Post
        This is a danger in Britain - if you stand still for too long, people start queueing behind you in the vague hope that you're waiting for something interesting. I know it's a great British institution, but it still frightens me.
        Oh it is not just a British thing. Teachers see it all the time. You pass out work and say it will be collected, corrected together, what have you. One child needs help, so you call them to the desk. Before you know it there are three more behind them, some with a question, others wanting to hand it in.
        I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post

As far as I know he's still there.

Hehehehehehehehehe....I giggle.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I had a high school teacher who would moo at us whenever students acted like sheeple. Although he alwayys said to not be a mindless cow. Sheep, cows, they're both edible and in herds.
            "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

Mhmm... sheep... cows... MEAT!

Ahem. Also fun: go to busy downtown pedestrian area. Stand around, look up. Wait for crowd to assemble and search the surrounding rooftops for the entertainment.
              You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Quoth Delphae View Post
                Before you know it there are three more behind them, some with a question, others wanting to hand it in.
                I distinctly remember our "study guide" for Mythology in Sophomore year. It was a crossword puzzle with hints for the final exam. Apparently, it was just too hard fr my classmates. The teach decided to give a whole class hour giving the answer to any of the hints we wanted. (Everybody got one). It got around to my turn, and I'd filled out almost all of the puzzle, except for one question about some Egyptian god (I think), and, seeing as we never covered Egypt during our class...
                The teacher seemed proud I asked about that one. It was the only one I still needed... What?
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I love people who just randomly join queues. My old university had 3 cash machines at the student union, almost always would the queue only form for one machine, you could stroll up to either of the other 2.

The one I love the most is at Big Thunder mountain in Disneyland Paris. The line splits into 2 for the main queue, when it is relatively quiet (15 minute queues) then the queue is nowhere near the split. almost everyone joins the right hand lane, even though there is a big sign saying use both lanes. Joining the left lane means you can sail past a good chunk of the queue

Comment

Quoth Fiyero View Post
                    I love people who just randomly join queues.
                    On a somewhat related note, I once had a line of cars follow me onto the wrong side of the road.

It was snowing pretty heavily, and it was impossible to see the lane markings, and hard to see the edges or any islands. I turned left onto a road that was two lanes in each direction, with a low island dividing the two sets of lanes. Like an idiot, I turned onto the left side of the island, putting me on the wrong side of the road. Yeah, that was stupid, but even more stupid was the three or four cars that followed me onto the wrong side. Luckily, the island was low enough that I could drive over it without damaging my car, but the other cars started honking at me angrily. As if it was my fault they were stupid enough to follow me!
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                      My favorite one time was at the university. We were in room 4410 in one of the largest, and oldest, buildings on campus. The building is a veritable maze because not all of the stairways go to all of the floors. There are a total of 10 elevators, again all of which do not go to all of the floors.
                      I have repetitive dreams (nightmares?) about a building like that. Scarier, is that it's a university classroom building. (I think) I'm trying to cut through that building to get to the Math building.

Quoth aniwahya View Post
                      I think college instructors lose all hope the first time they have to put up "Class will be held in Building X, Room Y" sign on a door.
                      Actually, we lose hope much earlier than that. First day handouts include a day-by-day schedule, including homework assignments and test dates. Every day, I write the homework assignment on the board, and the test dates a week ahead. Every day somebody asks me, "What's the homework assignment?" or, "When's the test?"

Every. Day.
                      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                        My favorite one time was at the university. We were in room 4410 in one of the largest, and oldest, buildings on campus. The building is a veritable maze because not all of the stairways go to all of the floors. There are a total of 10 elevators, again all of which do not go to all of the floors.
                        Either the architect was B.S. Johnson, or somebody found some discarded plans for Hogwarts and tried to build it, even though they were muggles.

What ?
                        "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                          Either the architect was B.S. Johnson, or somebody found some discarded plans for Hogwarts and tried to build it, even though they were muggles.

What ?
                          I'd have thought Escher, myself

My best friend and I once headed downtown and sat in the Sparks Street Mall (it's a street in Ottawa that cars aren't allowed to drive on)... at one point, he decided we should just look up. Within five minutes, we had a crowd of about thirty milling around us looking up at the sky. At which point I leaned over to a woman next to me, and asked her what she was looking at
                          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Yeah, M.C. Escher is a good candidate, too. Sorry I forgot about him. But, even if he's fictitious, B.S. Johnson would have given a headache to M.C. Escher. Trust me.
                            "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Working...
                            X