Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please keep your kids under control!!!

So, seriously, this does not have to deal with customers, but sucky parents. I have no idea where to post this ....

I'm done with work for the day and was lounging around in my jammies, eating tasty teriyaki chicken while playing on the computer (talented, aren't I?). Basically, minding my own business...

I had left the front door open, because since there was no one home for the afternoon, my home (well, er, trailer ....) was warm, so I had opened the door to let in a slight breeze. Plus, we're due for thunderstorms later in the evening as well ....

Right, so I'm minding my own business, when a neighbor's (not immediate neighbor though) young child comes up on my deck (a large deck, mind you) and up to my front door. He's young, probably 3 or 4 or so and can't quite speak clearly.

Out of his rabblings, I catch "playing in water."

I had noticed that my husband had left some soapy water in a bucket after cleaning something (either his motorcycle or car or whatever). It's not like the bucket was left out on the road, this bucket is situated a bit of ways into our "yard/grassy strip/whatever."

I tell him he shouldn't be playing in the water because it's yucky and he leaves.

His sister comes up (about the same age), again, at the door, almost coming into my home and asks where the car is (hubby is at work). I tell her it's gone for the evening. She, too, babbles something about water. I tell her, like her brother, the water is gross and they shouldn't be playing with it. I also mention they shouldn't be playing in our yard (our yard isn't exactly kid friendly. No, there aren't any machetes or razor wire laying around, but there aren't any toys or anything to play with and it's my yard, dammit!).

She asks "why?"

I tell her because she just shouldn't be and it's not hers to play in. (I also want to add, that I was raised with the notion of keep the hell off of other people's property, unless I was invited, of course).

"Why?" (wash, rinse, repeat.....).

She tired of that game quickly and ended it with saying something about getting a new bike.

I was irritated (although I try not to be) and told her to go and play on it then. Which, to my surprise, she did.

I'd also like to add, that I am a private person. My home is my sanctuary and don't invite many people over.

And the parents? Nowhere to be found .... (I believe they live a couple of mobile homes down, not too far from me).
    Last edited by karma_gypsy; 05-25-2008, 01:58 AM. Reason: I'm not perfect!
    This area is left blank for a reason.

I think that it can relate to work, as well. I work at a GameStop and for some reason, parents seem to think that "GameStop" also means "free daycare." During the summer and holidays from school, our store is full of screaming loin-spawn who tend to come in and wreck everything within reach or play 20 questions with me and my co-workers.

"How much is this game?"
    "Is this a good game?"
    "Is it two players"
    And many other questions easily answered if they could only READ...
    This message brought to you by a hopeless pop-culture-obsessed social reject.

Comment

Kids: Why I'm putting up a fence when I get a place to put up a fence at. And I'm keeping my M-90s (Fire crackers) close by.

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.

Smells like....why do I want a hotdog?... VICTORY!
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
        Kids: Why I'm putting up a fence when I get a place to put up a fence at. And I'm keeping my M-90s (Fire crackers) close by.

I reckon kids are the reason my neighbors have giant junkyard dogs.

Comment

You're nicer then I am. I really have yelled and chased off kids. I hate kids. Parents these days usually allow a great deal of them to turn into evil little hell-spawn which ruins the fun I have in corrupting their little brains.

Quoth kiokushitaka View Post
          I reckon kids are the reason my neighbors have giant junkyard dogs.
          Because Kids are tasty little morsels?
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

For the love of Cheese, I don't want to know why you want a hot dog.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
              Because Kids are tasty little morsels?
              Yes, exactly!

Comment

You want a hotdog because you like the smell of napalm in the morning ... and, as we all know, napalm sticks to kids. (first reference is obvious, second movie reference, anyone?)
                "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  For the love of Cheese, I don't want to know why you want a hot dog.
                  Get your brain outta the gutter!

Or at least scoot over so there's room for me, too!
                  Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                    You want a hotdog because you like the smell of napalm in the morning ... and, as we all know, napalm sticks to kids. (first reference is obvious, second movie reference, anyone?)
                    Napalm sticks to kids? I have never heard that one before!
                    I had a COMPLETELY different reason for you wanting a hot dog... but I'm afraid there's no more room in the gutter, so I've forgotten it...

Oh well, better luck next time.
                    Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Oh, there's plenty of room in the gutter. But not my gutter. My gutter's guttier than your gutter.

So there.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I can't stand kids. I'm sorry, but I really can't. I know all of you parents on here have wonderful offspring, but I just don't have it in me for kids.

The funny thing is, I'm in the wrooooong proffession. Ugh, I used to love Saturday. Now, I dread it, because I always have to work and there are always tons of kids hanging out in the hobbyshop. Like the game stop, we must also be free day care. And then there are the people that pile their brood into a 15 passenger van, cart the whole family to our store, hang out for an hour and a half, buy absolutely NOTHING, and leave utter destruction in their wake.

That was a completely off-topic tangent...sorry about that. It is a Saturday after all and I'm just winding down.
                        Check out my cosplay social group!
                        http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Quoth kiokushitaka View Post
                          I work at a GameStop and for some reason, parents seem to think that "GameStop" also means "free daycare."
                          Did you see this strip on Gord's page? That says it all.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Seraphim View Post
                            Napalm sticks to kids? I have never heard that one before!
                            There's a very famous (or was at the time) photo of a young girl fleeing the site of an attack during the Vietnam (I think) war. She was naked and had napalm stuck to her.

It's not funny.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                              ...She was naked and had napalm stuck to her.

It's not funny.
                              Thank you. I haven't been amused by any of the jokes in this thread so far.
                              (I know that's not a shock to anyone.)

As always, don't blame the child because the parents are morons.
                              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                              X