Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spoke to my husband about it this morning ... he mentioned that they were in our yard earlier that day as well, playing.

He also mentioned that we already had permission from the landlord to put up a fence, which we'll probably do later on in the summer....

I also noticed that there are some pink chalk mark scribbles on our carport post support thingys .... wonderful ....
    This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Guard dogs and firecrackers? Pfft. Former are costly and require training and both can be a legal liability.

You wanna scare off some bratty kids?

Dress up like a headcrab zombie. To the hilt. Fake blood and open rotting chest (body paint), painted rubber gloves on hands for claws. Wait until certain brats who have been egging your car to show up in plain sight. Hook up your computer to your stereo and play the fast-zombie howl as you rush from behind a tree across the screet screeching like a maniac.

Best part is that their parents don't believe them....

Comment

While I worked as a janitor we had to get a kid outa the basketball game. Seriously he had climbed up into it and his older sister just watched. The reason his mother wasn't there to stop him is apparently the games in the entrances are there because its a daycare. Leavin the kid in the front of the store like that is illegal but the managers did nothing (as per useless company policy to cause more acciddents and theft) but make sure the kid didn't try it again till the old bat came back for them.

Comment

Quoth Dark-Star View Post
          You wanna scare off some bratty kids?

Dress up like a headcrab zombie.
          Now why didn't I think of that??!!!

This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
            There's a very famous (or was at the time) photo of a young girl fleeing the site of an attack during the Vietnam (I think) war. She was naked and had napalm stuck to her.

It's not funny.

Rapscallion

She survived, grew up and emigrated to Canada...
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

"why"
              "Because I said so. Go home."

Some kids just don't understand the concept... Just the other day my bf & I were at the laundromat and i brought my mac lappy along to work on it (experiment in changing out the hdd for a new one). while I'm working on it, some lil kid comes along trying to play with my screwdriver and then wanted to grill me about my computer. mostly i tried to ignore him, except for answering direct questions and moving the screwdriver out of his reach but.... yeah, i do think his parents should teach him "dont talk to strangers"

(cos sometimes the strangers just don't want to talk to you either....heh)

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                My gutter's guttier than your gutter.
                Didn't I originally say that?
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I used to like children...until I worked retail. I also used to like Christmas until I worked retail.

Comment

What you need is a good old fashioned sentry turret.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                      There's a very famous (or was at the time) photo of a young girl fleeing the site of an attack during the Vietnam (I think) war. She was naked and had napalm stuck to her.

It's not funny.

Rapscallion
                      I remember the pic, but not the napalm bit. I'll have to look it up when I get home now. Obviously NSFW, even though it is of great historical significance.

Comment

i believe these where you get the paint, the wood and the post and rig up your "All Trespassing children will be sold as slaves to gypsys" sign

Comment

Quoth Record Store Tough Guy View Post
                          I remember the pic, but not the napalm bit. I'll have to look it up when I get home now. Obviously NSFW, even though it is of great historical significance.
                          It was a still from a news reel, but most people only know it as the still.
                          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

We have underground sprinklers in the front yard. There seems to be some fault with the system that causes them to come on anytime the little hellions end up there. It has also been know to mysteriously come on when the neignbor walks her dog and lets it stop in the yard. Personally I don't hate children... I find that they are delicious on toast.

Steve B.

Comment

No kids living around here (well someone's grandson visits downstairs, but maybe one or two days a week, but he stays with them). Just a bunch of adults old enough to know better than to peep and stalk their neighbors, old enough to know better than to litter all over the parking lot, etc etc.....

It is nice not living next door to someone with kids, though. I have been sleeping like a baby myself during the day for almost a year now.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

parenting 101

I usually hate when children fly around the store with their wheeled shoes, et al. It seems as if parents wait until something horrible happens until they take notice, and then it's too late. Granted, I like children, but some take advantage of poor parenting by young parents who act like children themselves (that's not to state all young parents are poor parents, but some emulate what they've seen in films and television).
                                HI, I'M NEW TO ALL OF THIS wave of approval ™©®

Comment

Working...
                                X