• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
    I've been asked if I work there:
    *snip*
    My response (in both instances)?

"No."
    Well, at that point, you don't. Plain and simple. Well, except to EWs and SCs.
    "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
      SC: Your LYING! LYING! I will get you all fired!

With that the SC stomped off.
      Wow! That lady needs to stop forgetting to take her meds!
      "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
      ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth Groezig View Post
        I too have had this happen to myself when I am standing in line to buy something after getting off. I got yelled at to get back on the clock to ring them out since they didn't want to wait and I shouldn't be standing there in line like them to buy something when there are other customers waiting like me.
        I've been told that when I'm on break, and am trying to buy something to eat in the fifteen minutes I have that I shouldn't be getting a break when the store's so busy.

Comment

Quoth Music Mo-Gal View Post
          OMG. What makes people think that retail workers love their work so much that they will work for free, off the clock, on their breaks and days off?
          they don't think we love work, they don't think we're people. we're like a car or a mop, we're just a tool to serve them. I remember someone saying that some little girl saw her in line in her uniform and said something to the effect that she shouldn't be allowed to stand in line and buy things like real people, and should be behind the counter serving them.

years ago I worked as a security guard at an International Airport right after 9/11. when the rules were very strict and we were told by the police/FBI/TSA that our job was to do our job, and politeness was a FAR second to enforcing the rules. let me tell you, those were great times. anyway, some snotty bitch got out of her lexus in her fur coat, fur hat and gaudy jewelry that only rich old bitches can even try to pull off, looks right at me in my security uniform including badge, and hat that says "Security" snaps her fingers impatiently and points at her luggage. I instantly respond by snapping my fingers, pointing at my crotch, and walk away.

Comment

i get that all the time, we have to take our lunches at a specified time, or we will get written up, and possibly fired over it, yet customers constantly demand that we must serve them no matter what.

some customers are pretty nice about it, but oh man if the guys who do the work go to lunch its the end of the world.

what do you mean that he went to lunch, why would he not work on my car first.

i try to explain to them that it is mandatory that we take lunch brakes no dice.

i do occasinally stay over time, this one day i had been over time by 3 hours, the customer i was helping was having a issue with warranty and i didnt want to leave with out takeing care of her. i mention to my co worker that after i am done helping her i was going to leave and that i can not stay any longer and had already stayed over time, she looks shocked (after telling me that the customer service was bad, the issue she was having was more or less one of my co workers had some policy wrong and i was trying to correct the issue) she said she didnt realize that i had been over time just to help her with her issue, by this time we had worked every thing out as far as her warranty was concerned, she told me that she also works in retail and that if it were her she would have just left when it was her time to leave cause she knows how the rules are for that kind of thing. i told her that sometimes i do need to stay over for some issues with some of the tickets and that i was not about to leave her with this kind of issue when the other guy wasnt sure how to handle it, she appoligized for thinking that my customer service was bad, since i was actually trying to understand what was going on and did take some extreme measures to help her out.
            "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

I hated that when I worked for Publix. There are some customers, and even some employees, who the moment they see you walking in demand your attention. I would go in with my dress shirt, tie, pants and shoes, without my green apron on but in my hand, and still have these people demand I bag for them, help them find something, and even those employees that would be leaving for the day and rush off so I could relieve them. We're talking I haven't even punched in yet, nor have I put my green apron on.

And then, I've had times where I'm dressed in my shirt and tie, inside a store, and have been asked, "Excuse me, will you help me find the Doxidan? My doctor said it would help me with my constipation."

Comment

what a royal asshat; you come in late to a place, the staffing WILL be low, so if there's no bagger, deal, or drag your ass in sooner, period.

good move on the kid's part and double good move for everyone looking out for his safety.
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                X