This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth blas87 View Post
    Whenever I get asked my zipcode, I give them the one of my hometown. I don't make a huge fuss over it.

I don't like being asked for my phone #. If I'm at Vicky's or somewhere all girls gather, I'll give it away to the associate, but if any men are around, I use 867-5309. If the associate is under 25, they won't get it and just think it's real.
    One Sc once placed an order with that number. Problem was we actually did need to call because something that was supposed to come in never did. It was our fault the SC gave us a fake number.

Oh yeah, the idiot at corp. who decided that would be a good song to play over the PA.....is, um, not well liked. Let's put it that way.

Comment

I just googled 703-867-5309 and it's a mailbox that's completely full, but it does play the song. I might start giving that out instead of my home number when I'm asked for a phone #. As long as I'm not filling out paperwork where a real number is needed.

Comment

Jenny, I got your number.
        I need to make you mine!
        Jenny, don't change your number.

8 6 7 5 3 0 ni-e-in

I think I was watching a VH1 show & they brought that song up and mentioned how it did create problems in areas where it was heavily played because people dialed the number.

Hell, I tried it!

I also tried 555-2368 numerous times after the movie came out. (BIG, gigantic, HUGE cookie with ice cream if anyone knows the movie where that number showed up)
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
          I also tried 555-2368 numerous times after the movie came out. (BIG, gigantic, HUGE cookie with ice cream if anyone knows the movie where that number showed up)
          Who ya gonna call?
          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

I wouldn't have known without the help of Google.
            "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

I'm always disappointed when I ask...
              "Who ya gonna call"

and it's not answered with...

well, you know....

For what it's worth, there was a cover version of Jenny that was out just a few years ago.
              you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

By the Goo Goo Dolls, if I remember correctly.
                "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                  Hehe I'm 22 myself.

Smiley, it is a real number. Its owned by a plumbing company IIRC.
                  In my area it's Benjamin Franklin Plumbing's number.

Comment

Note: I'm a phone geek.

(BIG, gigantic, HUGE cookie with ice cream if anyone knows the movie where that number showed up)
                    555-2368 or 555-CENT (for Central Office) is in a lot of old stuff.

My favorite? It's Jim Rockford's phone number.
                    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                      Who ya gonna call?
                      HA!! HA!!! I knew someone would get it! You get a cookie WITH ice cream! WOOT!

edit: Who you gonna call?

GHOSTBUSTERS!

another edit: 867 5309 has been stuck. in. my. head. all. FREAKIN'. DAY!!!!!
                      Last edited by friendofjimmyk; 06-02-2008, 05:45 PM.
                      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post

Smiley, it is a real number. Its owned by a plumbing company IIRC.
                        In Rhode Island, it's owned by Gem Plumbing. They've grown from a tiny business to a hugely successful local brand- a change that happened almost immediately after they sunk a lot of money into an ad campaign focused almost solely on their phone # (and that their employees wouldn't dirty or stink up your house). Really smart business move, in my opinion.

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                          Note: I'm a phone geek.

555-2368 or 555-CENT (for Central Office) is in a lot of old stuff.

My favorite? It's Jim Rockford's phone number.
                          Yes, I have now learned that 555-2368 has been used in other shows besides Ghostbusters...but that was the movie I was referring to.

Comment

There was a giant cookie with ice cream in ghostbusters? I remember talk of a giant twinkie and a huge marshmallow man but no other abnormal confections.

Comment

http://www.rejectionhotline.com/
                              This site has a bunch of fun numbers to give out. *grin*
                              "Respect: to admit that something one may not enjoy or prefer might still have great value." ~L. Munoa

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                                There was a giant cookie with ice cream in ghostbusters? I remember talk of a giant twinkie and a huge marshmallow man but no other abnormal confections.
                                No, I was saying if anyone got the reference to the phone number, I'd give them a giant cookie with ice cream - virtual, of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X