This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you need glasses? or just a brain?

For those of you who don't know, Nintendo released a special colour for the DS lite that's bundeled with Brain Age 2. It is street dated for August 21. As such we cannot sell it until then. We have a promo going for a free crappy game with purchase of the bundle. This promo applies to the bundle only. We have a sign up in the store that says this and in small print "effective Aug 17-23", which is the time for keeping the sign up. A note on the flyer and the sign says no substitutions.

Yeah, try telling this to my co-worker. He had this brilliant idea that since we didn't have any bundles to sell, he would give it to this lady buying a regular DS lite. So he's trying to find the game while I'm sorting shipment, and as far as I knew they were put into our dump bin. No dice, so he's frantically trying to find this game. I come out and look at the sign. The lady buying the DS asks me about the sign, I explain that the promo is for the bundle only and that we won't have them until tomorrow. The lady then brings up the effective date thats put in small print on the signs. I explain that our Advertising department made a mistake. She leaves in a huff.

So for the track record, this lady and the coworker read and gave explicit and exclusive application to the little size 12 font in the lower left, but completely ignored the freaking huge 104 point sign that says it's only eligible for a product that we can't sell until Tuesday!
    Last edited by lordlundar; 08-21-2007, 01:34 PM.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

September or August?
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Whoops! I meant August. I fixed it.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
      X