This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "And you tell her I said that."

My, my, yesterday was just filled with the loveliest characters pouring into the store.

These two guys walk up to my register, and they seem alright, when one of them says "Hey, you know you're 'manager' over there, or whatever she is? I can do an impression of her face, look!"

And he turns around and goes O_O

Me: "Heh . . . ok . . ."

And he went on. "God, I've tried so hard to get her to look at me, and she never even smiles! She must be married or something, she always looks so sour."

Me: "Yeah I'm pretty sure she's married . . ." *wondering at this point what the hell business it was of his*

Him: "Stone . . . cold . . . bitch. Geez. Just yet another example of the stupid redneck (name of town) hillbillies. She is SO cold. What a bitch. And you tell her I said that."

I felt like I should have said something (to him, not her. That perhaps the reason she doesn't smile at you is because she had her Sleazebag detector turned on. Most women with a brain have a Sleazebag detector.) but I was utterly at a loss for words. I have no problem with the person he's talking about; while she's not exactly smiley and bubbly like the other front end managers, she's far from rude and mean. Quite a nice person, actually. Or maybe it's just commonplace now to go into some establishment and tell the employees that their supervisors are bitches.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

You know, people used to do that at Kinko's to me. They didn't have the balls to say what they wanted to the person they were pissed at, so they'd say it to me and then tell me to tell them.

"You tell that asshole back there he's incompetent."

Like I'm gonna do that, right?

I would just deadpan, "No, sir, I'm not going to do that. If you have something to say to him, I suggest you tell him yourself." Delivered in a jaded, emotionless monotone.

They never want to hear that, you know. It shines a light on their lack of berries and they don't like that.

Comment

What jerks. If it ever happens again you should tell them the truth. After all, what's your manager gonna do, yell at you?
      But I don't need a vagina. I have a pony.
      -Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
        "You tell that asshole back there he's incompetent."
        Yelling: "Hey, Steve, this guy says to tell you you're an incompetent asshole."

If only.
        "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
        "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
        --Dilbert

Comment

I would do that

Quoth freaktard View Post
          I don't like Steve anyway and this would be a great indirect way of pissing him off while getting the original idiots in trouble.

Comment

It'd be fun as hell, but screaming curse words even when relying them, across a store full of customers is not always the best way not to get into trouble
            I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

LOL, that would be great! I can only assume the SC would make a mad dash for the door.
              "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
              ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

My name's NOT Steve, but that might explain why I hear people yelling my name at work.

J/K
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Tito View Post
                  LOL, that would be great! I can only assume the SC would make a mad dash for the door.
                  That's the problem, they don't have the cajones to carry out the deed themselves or to face the consequences. So they expect us to get ourselves in trouble for them. I'm not a messenger service, SC, tell that person yourself.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post
                    Or maybe it's just commonplace now to go into some establishment and tell the employees that their supervisors are bitches.
                    Say? No. Think....

Comment

Ahh one of the joys of working around mechanics and used car salesmen. They actually would and did do that.

Comment

Turn to the jackass's friend and tell him,

"He's a fucking moron, and you tell him I said that."
                        Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Quoth allniter View Post
                          Turn to the jackass's friend and tell him,

"He's a fucking moron, and you tell him I said that."
                          The one time someone did that to me, I just started walking to the front counter with "the face" on.

One thing to note: I am not a pretty man. My friends and co-workers tell me that when I get angry (or just pretend like I am ), "the face" looks like I am about to uproot a tree and use the offending person as a ten-penny nail. My mouth is in a rictus snarl, my nose flared, face reddening, and my eyebrows close to each other in a 'V' over two eyes that suddenly become pits of blackness. I have done this in a mirror, just to see it, and it looks like I have completely lost my mind and am going to commit horrible acts against god and creation. Its funny, because I have a very 'soft' face normally, it just scrunches up oddly.

We were kind of surprised someone could hit the exit door that fast an not break it.
                          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

"Hey, Steve, this guy says to tell you you're an incompetent asshole."
                            'Ey, Steeve!"

*watched about ten Strongbads last night, to catch up*
                            Last edited by Imogene; 08-21-2007, 07:15 PM. Reason: Realized I misplaced my apostrophe, and it hurt!
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                            X