Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is just so wrongity, wrongity wrong!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is just so wrongity, wrongity wrong!

My boss got a phone call early yesterday, before we were open (not exact conversation, but close enough).

"Hi, I just got a computer from a garage sale, do you know where to buy computer games?"

We work in a Pawn Shop, we have computer games (very few however). They weren't asking if we had any games, they were asking where they could get them.

She replies with, "uhh, either Fred Meyer's or Wal-Mart have them. . ."

I'm keeping all comments to myself at this point in time . . .

Go.
    This area is left blank for a reason.

Just keep in mind that the computer the caller bought is probably so old that it won't run any games from those stores.

Comment

If he's able to get online with the computer, he could go on eBay.

If I can find vintage 8 tracks and 70's and 80's Tupperware items on that site, I'm sure there's a ton of old computer games too.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

The depths of stupidity could dig until down is up.

Comment

I got floppies up to my knees for my C64 but I ain't sharin'.
          Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

I have a working C64 - and an old POS PC that can write any disk I want for those old games. The monitor was made in 1982.

Jumpman ROCKS!
            M.U.L.E. ROCKS!

B
            "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
            I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Heck, our dining room still has an old box of Tandy 1000 games from way back when. Duck Tales just friggin' ruled! ^_^
              "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

I also have a C64. I only have a couple of games. Damn, now I want to get that computer out, so I can play them.
                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quest for Glory!

Comment

Sad I still have the old PSOne lying somewhere in my closet. The one with the mini flip-up screen.

Comment

Quoth Bandit View Post
                      I have a working C64 - and an old POS PC that can write any disk I want for those old games. The monitor was made in 1982.

Jumpman ROCKS!
                      M.U.L.E. ROCKS!

B
                      JUMPMAN!!

Jumpman jumps! Jumpman moves in super extra slow mo! Jumpman falls half an inch!

Jumpman tumbles and falls to the ground, suddenly in high speed!

I used to love that game. But at the same time, it's responsible for a great deal of my current mental issues. It could be MEAN sometimes!
                      Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Speaking of old games...........

Anyone remember an old PC treasure called Cyberwar? It was based off of The Lawnmower Man, and had puzzle and reflex games in it. You had ONE life and if you got killed, you had to start from the last checkpoint. Awesome 3D graphics for the day to be sure.
                        Who is this rectal-cranial inverted twit....and where is my sledgehammer??

Comment

Quoth Polenicus View Post
                          I used to love that game. But at the same time, it's responsible for a great deal of my current mental issues. It could be MEAN sometimes!
                          That, and the load times if you didn't have an accelerator. I swear, you could take a nice nap between levels - it made you refreshed and ready for the next level where frustration would take over.

Comment

Quoth Bandit View Post

Jumpman ROCKS!
                            M.U.L.E. ROCKS!

B

I LOVED M.U.L.E.! We had it on my Dad's old C64, and we'd wind up in fights over who got to use the computer. (back in the days before I bought my own computer)
                            That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Working...
                            X