This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh. Wow.

Okay, this will teach me a lesson about putting anything in my mouth when there's a customer in front of me, but still, how goofy can you get?

Okay, I have really bad problems with stomach acid. It's probably acid reflux, to be honest, but I just haven't bothered to see a doctor because it's easily taken care of with an occasional Zantac and, every couple of months, a round of Prilosec. Today it's bothering me more than usual because I ate a whole bunch of Picante Shrimp ramen noodles yesterday (godly but comes back to bite you).

A young "thug" man (you know, grill, sideways hat, one pants leg rolled up to his crotch) had come in to fill out a wedding form (ladies, never ever send your husband to fill out wedding forms, especially not if you have eleven bridesmaids). I gave him the form and a pen, and he sat back to fill it out. Since he was occupied, and I was feeling a burst of fiery pain in my throat, I dug an individually foil-wrapped Zantac out of my purse and was starting to pop it out.

Thug: *seeing the pill* "What the heck is that??"
    Me: "Oh, it's just an acid pill."
    Thug: "You're taking acid??"

Me: "Um...no-,"
    Thug: "You said you were taking an acid pill!"
    Me: "Yeah...stomach acid...you know, like heartburn?"
    Thug: *scrabbling for form* "You know, I need to let my girl do this anyway, we'll have it back when it's done." *bolts down the stairs...with my pen, I might add*

Yeah, I already told my boss, and once he's done laughing, he'll let the main boss downstairs know that no, the obit clerk girl was not up here taking hits of LSD.

Though maybe it would make the day even more interesting than it's already been...
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post

Thug: *seeing the pill* "What the heck is that??"
    How about NONE OF YOUR GODDAMN BUSINESS?

What a tool.
    I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

I have had that happen to me once before. No matter where I am, I have the heart burn pills with me for just incase. This one customer came in, and saw me take one. He offered me $20 for one. Since I needed to get gas anyway, I sold him it. Sadly my pick-up took the whole $20

Powerboy - The "HeartBurn" pill dealer
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
        He offered me $20 for one. Since I needed to get gas anyway, I sold him it.
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I've been forced to take medication in front of customers before, and it isn't pleasant. I get migraines, and my interceptor meds only work if you take one immediately upon the first symptom. Even waiting a minute may be too long. So I've needed to pop a tablet while conversing with a customer before, usually as surreptitiously as possible when their back is turned.

Why do people think that its okay to ask what kind of pill someone is taking? What if I don't want a stranger knowing about what kind of medical conditions I have? What if it were herpes medication or something?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

If people I don't know ask me what the pill I've just taken is, I find that it is very effective to say it's for period pains. Then go into detail, describing the horrific agony you go through every month. Hell, they asked, you might as well tell 'em, such nice caring people...
            I have a feeling it might even be effective for guys to use...

General thing is, it might make them think twice before asking again...
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

This might be kind of a dumb question, but people don't take acid in pills do they? Don't they use blotters?

Comment

That's why you use the name of the pill, not what it is, when describing what you put in your mouth.
                "What was that you just stuck in your mouth?"
                "A mahbwah." (Marble, for those who don't speak full mouth)
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Yeah... I thought it was like a postage stamp thingie... not that I'm up to date on my drug paraphernalia...

Comment

Honestly, I didn't know "acid" even came individually wrapped in foil!

Just be glad it wasn't a suppository . . . or maybe he should be glad it wasn't a suppository . . .
                    This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
                      Just be glad it wasn't a suppository . . . or maybe he should be glad it wasn't a suppository . . .
                      Well, at least then, she'd have been in the restroom when that moran came through.
                      "Good news! It's a suppository!"
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Doctor: Sir, you should be feeling better by now. Have you been using the suppositories I gave you?
                        Old Man: Sure. I take one every morning with breakfast.
                        Doctor: Take them?!? You haven't been swallowing them have you?
                        Old Man: Of course I have! What the hell should I do? Shove them up my ass?

Ba-dum-bum
                        I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

PowerBoy and Misty, I feel your pain. I pretty much always have tummy meds on me, as it seems to react whenever it feels like, which is rarely in direct relation to what I've eaten. I usually at least have Tums and Pepto/Immodium in my bag, just in case.
                          "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Hey Mysty

You could try taking apple cider vinegar. There's heaps of testimonials on www.earthclinic.com about how good it is for acid reflux and other gastro intestinal ailments.
                            Total surrender
                            Your touch is so tender
                            Your skin is like water on a burning beach
                            And it brings me relief
                            "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

Working...
                            X