This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end of days....

Tomorrow is officially the end of the world for our store, and i dread it with a passion.
    as i said ocassionally on this site, our store is at a milk war with a neighbouring store, and the price had gotten as low as 1.67 for 4 liters.
    i found out that tomorow it is getting raised to 3.47.

there will be riots in the streets....

so if i stop posting you all know why, lol.
    Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Wow! Where I live the milk company sets the price. Put it any lower and the store has to pay the difference.

Hell Dairyland pours milk into the sewers to maintain the price. (I'm not kidding my friend's dad worked at a dairlyland plant.

Comment

I'm in Pennsylvania. The state mandates the price of milk. They also sell all the wine and liquor in state owned and operated 'State Liquor Stores' and if you want more than a 6-pack of beer, you have to go to a state licensed, but privately owned, 'beer distributor.'

I remember when I moved to Arizona and found cases of beer, bottles of wine and fifths of whiskey on the shelf at a convenience store.

I feel for you, siead_lietrathua. Keep the faith.
      This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Okay you're gonna need cloves of garlic, silver bullets, Excalibur, three magic wands, a summoning tome, a dragon, and maybe a cannon to survive. It's not guaranteed, but with those supplies you may stand a chance. Good luck, and God speed. *salutes*
        It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
        ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

It's not the price of milk you have to worry about.

It's the milk maids. ZING!!!
          Screw normal. You know why? 'Cause if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader.

Christopher Titus.

Comment

Quoth Raieth View Post
            Hell Dairyland pours milk into the sewers to maintain the price. (I'm not kidding my friend's dad worked at a dairlyland plant.
            That's really disgusting at the amount of waste that goes on that could be extremely beneficial to a lot of people.

They could give it to a shelter or something. A grocerey store I used to work at would throw away hundreds of dollars (maybe thousands some days) of perfectly good food. Sure, they could donate it to a shelter, but if someone got sick the grocerey store could be sued, big time.

ANd good luck Siead!

Okay you're gonna need cloves of garlic, silver bullets, Excalibur, three magic wands, a summoning tome, a dragon, and maybe a cannon to survive. It's not guaranteed, but with those supplies you may stand a chance. Good luck, and God speed. *salutes*
            You forgot the Holy Avenger +5 and the dagger of summoning.
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth siead_lietrathua View Post
              as i said ocassionally on this site, our store is at a milk war with a neighbouring store, and the price had gotten as low as 1.67 for 4 liters.
              i found out that tomorow it is getting raised to 3.47.
              And here is a perfect example of why price wars are a bad idea. Competition is a good thing, but price wars are only detrimental to the companies.

Good luck, and if you need to vent, you know where to go.
              Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
              Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
              The Office

Comment

We don't decide the price of milk either, people always complain, I just say we don't decide how much it costs when we buy it from the supplier. Its all supply and demand...

Comment

Quoth Raieth View Post

And yet milk prices have gone up, due to increased demand from overseas.

Cheapest price of a gallon of milk at my store? $3.49, on sale, store brand.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                    That's really disgusting at the amount of waste that goes on that could be extremely beneficial to a lot of people.

They could give it to a shelter or something. A grocerey store I used to work at would throw away hundreds of dollars (maybe thousands some days) of perfectly good food. Sure, they could donate it to a shelter, but if someone got sick the grocerey store could be sued, big time.

ANd good luck Siead!

You forgot the Holy Avenger +5 and the dagger of summoning.
                    and dont forget the deathstick or earthshatter (depending on how evil or good you are) and elven leather.... and maybe a holy lance...

Comment

I buy organic, $6 a gallon, usually.
                      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                      HR believes the first person in the door
                      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                      Document everything
                      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post

I remember when I moved to Arizona and found cases of beer, bottles of wine and fifths of whiskey on the shelf at a convenience store.
                        And the clouds parted, and the angels sang........

At the risk of giving up my location, I can buy alcohol of any kind at any time of the day and on any day of the week.
                        I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

That is funny, I buy organic milk too, and the price is stable (between $5 - $6 / gal here in WA)

Comment

And if you're about to be overwhelmed, even with all that equipment, smack your sphere of annihilation with a rod of cancellation. Take them all down with you.
                            Or put a portable hole in a bag of holding.

Or is it the other way around? I can never remember that... *wanders off scratching head*
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                              Or put a portable hole in a bag of holding.
                              Nah, just turn the bag of holding inside out. Instant black hole!
                              Last edited by Shabo; 08-21-2007, 07:48 PM.
                              Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                              Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                              The Office

Comment

Working...
                              X