X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth JetfireRules View Post
    My family has been tied to minature schnauzers for 34 years,
    Doesn't that get uncomfortable sometimes?

Serioulsy, I have two little dogs and both have been trained not to be yappy little lunatics. They know that mindless crazed barking is never allowed. However, I do appreciate a few woofs to alert me that someone is at the door.
    The older one is half (some type of) terrier and half dachshund. He is about 15 pounds of LAZY LAZY dog. He does not shed at all so maybe his terrier lineage is some type of oversized Yorkie. His idea of a perfect day is to sleep for 6 hours, eat a little and then a quick trip to the yard before resuming his nap.
    The smaller dog is half miniature schnauzer and half chihuahua, about 12 pounds of shedding, eating adorableness. HIs idea of fun is eating everything in sight, disembowelling any stray stuffed toys and then sleeping the rest of the day. All of this is accompanied by a constant explosion of fur covering all the furniture.

As much as I adore my little fuzzballs, they are DOGS. NOT. CHILDREN. Children complain and ask for money, dogs do not. Children are not always glad to see you, my dogs are always glad to see me. Children want to borrow my car and dent it up. Dogs are not allowed to drive. The list just goes on and on. j/k

Comment

His wife probably locked him out on purpose.
      "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
      ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth Anastriel View Post
        Sorry if this sounds a bit ranty, but I get so tired of people being critical of small dogs. They have a lot of really good qualities. Personally I don't really like large slobbery dogs.
        I don't like slobbery dogs. And I don't like dogs that bark every half second, nonstop. I have nothing against any particular size of dog, or even any breed of dog.

But it seems that The Dogs That Won't Shut Up are, overall, smaller breeds. Don't get me wrong, there are large dogs that bark incessantly, and small dogs that are quiet and mellow. And the mellow, quiet ones I don't really mind.

But most Yorkies I have dealt with have been obnoxious nonstop yippers, and that I just can't stand. Nothing against any Yorkie owners out there, you understand.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          I don't like slobbery dogs. And I don't like dogs that bark every half second, nonstop. I have nothing against any particular size of dog, or even any breed of dog.

But it seems that The Dogs That Won't Shut Up are, overall, smaller breeds. Don't get me wrong, there are large dogs that bark incessantly, and small dogs that are quiet and mellow. And the mellow, quiet ones I don't really mind.

But most Yorkies I have dealt with have been obnoxious nonstop yippers, and that I just can't stand. Nothing against any Yorkie owners out there, you understand.
          In my experience the smaller dogs 'yappy' dogs are owned by pensioners and people who use them as surrogate kids, therefore spoiled rotten and\or little or no training = yappy little bastard.

If I'm going to keep a dog whose fur is intended for a warmer climate
          Have you ever been to Yorkshire?!
          Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

I made this, which may prove useful if the situation arises again. Perhaps you could print it out, attach it to a stick and hold it in front of the person's face..

Reviews of games, movies and more at The Review Bucket

Comment

Quoth Naaman View Post
              In my experience the smaller dogs 'yappy' dogs are owned by pensioners and people who use them as surrogate kids, therefore spoiled rotten and\or little or no training = yappy little bastard.
              I second that. I was out in the yard one night pulling weeds and trimming those damn pine trees. All the while, my neighbor's dog, a little, annoying furball, started barking. For an hour straight and *then* some. At least someone went over there to yell "Ginny, shut the fuck up" and she did
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
              X