Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't KNOW TECHNIKAEL STUFFF!! (long)

Okay...

I'm a Northerner. NYC born and raised. (Long Island actually...) IF you get me annoyed.. pure Brooklyn accent. I *CHOSE* to move down south. I've regretted it several times (unemployment, Rednecks, Racism) but it's been a positive thing for the most part.

But GODDAMN.... frikken $@##@# inbreeds I deal with...

Sorry..

Every once in a while... I just get one of ... *THEM*

I had to go to factory training this week. We are SERIOUSLY understaffed. So, me being away for a #@@#ing WEEK just pulled everything apart and made life tough all around. As I'm driving the four hours back from Atlanta, one of my co-workers calls about a client of ours that's usually my job to fix, the Airport. Lightning struck this pole and that, powers out yadda yadda yadda. These people get a 4 hour response time and 24/7 service, so it HAS to be fixed, or the tech can't go home!

Being the nice person I am, I join my poor overworked collegue and help him trace down the broken cameras and gate openers. They have on-site staff, but al access control and cameras are our deal to fix. It's going FANTASTICLY, just replacing fuses and minor repairs here and there. Uh-oh... Open an panel box and see that the plug itself has no power. Call Operations on my cell phone. HERE comes the fun part...

Me: Hi.. This is Crazeyal... from *Abuse inc.* We're out here at camera 3 and we have a power issue.
    Idiot: whuuut?
    Me:??? Uh.. the camera and gate operator have no power. Could someone check the circutbreaker?
    Idiot:Now.. could Y'all repeat that 'lil number 'gain?
    Me: ???!!?? Uh.. it's marked circut C-3 s4 yadda yadda yadda but just tell the electricians to check the circut breaker for the west gate...
    Idiot: ceee threeee uh..whuuuuut?
    Me: JUST TELL THEM TO CHECK THE CIRCUT BREAKER!!
    Idiot: Now don' be gettin ornry.. I's not teknicull likes dat!

How in the WORLD does an ADULT not know what a CIRCUT BREAKER IS?!?!?! AND WHY IN THE $@#!*!ING WORLD IS THIS PERSON IN A POSITION OF AUTHORITY AT AN AIRPORT?!?!?!?

Guh..

Sorry..

Had to vent...

What is an circuit breaker?

Just messin with ya.
    http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
    Melody Gardot

Comment

FNAYWOOOOORRRARFOGHHHDDDBBQ!!1

It's a magical fantasy device that's installed in your wall.. Here use this fork for the key!!!

Comment

I hope I never end up at this airport!

Comment

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
          I'm a Northerner. NYC born and raised. (Long Island actually...) IF you get me annoyed.. pure Brooklyn accent.
          My hubby's the same way. Some of the stupider people who have annoyed him think he's about to call up Vinnie and Guido to "talk" to them...
          Quoth Crazeyal View Post
          Me: Hi.. This is Crazeyal... from *Abuse inc.* We're out here at camera 3 and we have a power issue.
          Idiot: whuuut?
          Me:??? Uh.. the camera and gate operator have no power. Could someone check the circutbreaker?
          Idiot:Now.. could Y'all repeat that 'lil number 'gain?
          Me: ???!!?? Uh.. it's marked circut C-3 s4 yadda yadda yadda but just tell the electricians to check the circut breaker for the west gate...
          Idiot: ceee threeee uh..whuuuuut?
          Me: JUST TELL THEM TO CHECK THE CIRCUT BREAKER!!
          Idiot: Now don' be gettin ornry.. I's not teknicull likes dat!
          Um, before they hired this guy, did they check to see if he had the necessary qualifications...like the ability to speak coherent English...or even opposable thumbs?!
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I know I was remiss in my storytelling.

I apologize..

BUT
            THIS
            WAS
            A
            WOMAN!!!!

DUN DUN DURRRRNNNNNN

Comment

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
              How in the WORLD does an ADULT not know what a CIRCUT BREAKER IS?!?!?! ...
              heres one for you....

the other day, when i got to work, i was putting my stuff in my locker. i heard this whooshing sound coming from the end of the hallway, so i call my store manager down.we go to the end of the hall, and open the last door and look in the room. there is water running all over the floor.

i said,"oh look. theres the problem. its leaking."
              my boss says," i don't even know what that is."
              i say," its a water heater....."

she didn't know what a water heater was. then she was afraid because it said," HOT!" and "CAUTION! MAY EXPLODE!" i had to explain that yes, the water can be hot, and yes, it could explode cause, well...something has to heat it....

Comment

And most of those people go into Management!!!

Comment

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
                  It's a magical fantasy device that's installed in your wall.. Here use this fork for the key!!!
                  I don't think a fork will be big enough . . .
                  This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Maybe it's time to trademark, etc., this one, too, if applicable.

Intelligence does not equal common sense.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
                      And most of those people go into Management!!!
                      That's because they'll never be qualified to do actual work.
                      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                      HR believes the first person in the door
                      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                      Document everything
                      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
                        How in the WORLD does an ADULT not know what a CIRCUT BREAKER IS?!?!?!
                        Well, if this helps put that in any perspective, I might have made it to adulthood without knowing that if not for my parents' divorce.

See, the house I grew up in was built in the 1940s, and wired in the 1940s. When I was old/big enough, I was shown how to change a fuse, as sometimes a fuse would blow.
                        When I was about 8, my parents seperated and my mom got an apartment. One day while I was there alone, the circuit breaker for the living room blew. I found the breaker panel, as it looked a bit like a fuse box from the outside, but the stuff inside was totally unfamiliar, and just looked like a bunch of switches.
                        Having determined that I was out of my depth, I sought help: I called the power company, and explained that my power was out and I didn't know what to do. A very nice man explained to me what the circuit breakers were, and how to check to see if one had "tripped", and that switching it off and then on again would probably solve the problem. It did, and all was well.

I don't have much trouble imagining someone growing up and never having lived or worked in a building that had a circuit breaker. Perhaps that's because where I grew up (Connecticut), most of the buildings were over 100 years old.
                        Last edited by SpyOne; 08-21-2007, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Quoth SpyOne View Post

See, the house I grew up in was built in the 1940s, and wired in the 1940s. When I was old/big enough, I was shown how to change a fuse, as sometimes a fuse would blow.

Ah, but see, you knew to seek help. There is every indicator that the dingus in the story, placed in similer circumstances, would sit in the dark until someone got home.
                          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                          X