Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate most insects, and Spiders & Roaches are the 2 I hate the most. That account needs to be banned, and they need to pay for everything.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

That is simply disgusting. I probably would have had a fit right there. I'm not *terrified* of roaches, but I sure as hell don't like them. The thought of anything creepy crawly crawling on my really really wigs me out.

Now if it had been caterpillars, would have given me a heart attack. I'm scared of those things (long story. PM me if you REALLY want to know).

Quoth NightAngel View Post
      I work tonight and I'm hoping the SM will have been able to get ahold of the roach people by then because I REALLY want to know what they have to say for themselves.
      Do let us know, cause I'm interested. How the hell and WHY the hell does one do that!?!?
      "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

When I worked at the Rent-to-Own furniture/Video store in Leesville, LA the manager liked to talk about the furniture return that came in one day. These people had rented a full living room suite - couch, love seat, chair, coffee and end tables and lamps. After everything was checked in they started cleaning the furniture and placed the lamps back out on the floor. The lamps were these huge clear glass things with silk flower bouquets inside - non removable bouquets. Someone turned one of the lamps on and the only thing you could see inside was a sea of black and brown roaches. So they turned on the other lamp and guess what...yep more roaches. They took all the furniture and the lamps out to the storage shed, put in a couple of roach foggers and shut the door. They fogged the stuff three times. They threw the lamps away because they couldn't figure out how to get the roaches out since everything was sealed.

I had never even seen a roach until I moved to Louisiana and I hope never to see one again.
        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I agree that this customer should have to pay for the movies -- there is no way you can ever distribute them again, as they must be covered with roach "droppings." Also ban that customer entirely. I'm not sure if you can get away with the rest, but do so if you can. (I'm sure you can charge for purchase of the movies -- they have to be returned in a rentable condition, no? And they weren't. And the store's property, the discs, were abused, so you can ban that customer entirely.)

I know roaches -- I once lived in a building that didn't have a single one until one neighbor moved in. After that, the building was infested. When I moved, I bug-bombed twice, sprayed, and sprayed some more. How I managed to not bring a single one with me was a miracle!
          I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

call the health department in your area-if DVD cases are that infested-the house should be declared a health hazzard.

BlaqueKatt-loves bugs as long as they aren't inside
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
              call the health department in your area-if DVD cases are that infested-the house should be declared a health hazzard.
              I agree. Even if they're banned from your store, they could still go to others. How embarrassing is that though (if it was done on purpose, well that's a whole other thing), to have roaches so bad they infest DVD cases. . . I would be embarrassed anyway, although I would have never let it get that bad in the first place.

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
              BlaqueKatt-loves bugs as long as they aren't inside
              Me too!! Although spiders (except the scary lookin' ones) can stay inside as they kill all the other buggies!! Spiders don't bother me (it's slugs, slugs and maggots, yech, can't stand them.)
              This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

To hell with the health department. Call the cops! I'm sure that they violated some sort of law in doing this. And if they don't pay for all the trouble they caused, the store should take them to small claims court.

And even after this, they should still be permanently banned, company wide.
                "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

That's just plain gross! That reminds me of the movie Creepshow, where a whole condo gets filled with roaches and they start swarming out that old dude's mouth and nose.
                  "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

I have a phobia of roaches so I would have fainted, or at least ran shrieking back into the store and refused to come out until the bugs were gone. That is so gross!

Comment

And here I thought it was going to be a poopy on the wall thread.....

Wanna get rid of roaches? Get a pet skunk. Seriously. They LOVE beetles of all kinds. I had a pet skunk about 7 years ago, he was such a sweetie, and would crunch crunch any ant, beetle, etc. that he could find.

A friend of mine in town here is surrounded by people who all have bad roach problems and can't get rid of them, yet my friend doesn't have any in her house at all. I told her its because she has a skunk living under her house. She said she doesn't believe me, but a year later she still hasn't bothered to make the skunk move out.
                      ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Eew I absolutely hate roaches. I don't mind other bugs but roaches just give me the creeps. There's no way I could have gotten rid of them if that happened to me. I would have puked or cried or something

Comment

The title of one of those movies wouldnt happen to have been "Joe's Apartment" would it?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116707/

Comment

Quoth Erin View Post
                            The title of one of those movies wouldnt happen to have been "Joe's Apartment" would it?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116707/
                            While I have nothing new to report I just wanted to say that I love Joe's Apartment! (The actual roach infested movie was Toy Story.)
                            "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                            HellGate: London

Comment

Ew ew ew, that is disgusting!
                              Did the SM get a hold of the roach renters?

Comment

About 15 years ago we had a Oki 320 printer returned for repair. We thought it was very unusual because this printer was new (about 6 months old). Part of our packing instructions was if you didn't have the origional packaging put the printer to be returned in a plastic garbage bag and then pack stryo peanuts around them. Ok we get the printer and the first thing that's done is it's taken outside and using a compressor it's blown out. Well one of my techs was blowing out the printer when I heard him scream and come running back inside and he was covered with roaches, I run him back outside and using the broom I try to get them off of him. While this guy freaked out, I sent another to the store for some roach bombs. We put one in the bag with the printer and sealed the bag (or tried to). If there was one roach there was a thousand. I was disgusted and told that hotels GM about it and he said "Oh yeah they're every where, we can't get rid of them." Folks this was a brand new hotel only open about 6 months and already very nasty. To this day I refuse to stay there.
                                A few weeks later I was talking to my tech's wife and she said he was still having nightmares about the roaches. I guess we need to thank the Good Lord that he's confined the palmetto bugs (giant roaches) to SC, GA, and FL.
                                During some training while in the Army we had to cross a rather nasty body of water on foot. When we came out the other side we were covered in leaches. They were all over us and in our equipment. To this day I can't get the memory of 90+ men stripped naked getting leaches off them selves and checking each other to make sure they were all gone. What was that movie the kid had one on his plumbing and he fainted?
                                Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Working...
                                X