Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Stand By Me" (adaptation of "The Body", by Stephen King)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092005/ (sorry I don't know how to blend the title and the link into one item)
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Cosmic Cat, would you like to start a support group? I thought I was the only person in the world with a phobia to cockroaches! (PM me if you would like to trade stories on how we acquired our phobias!)

I thought I was getting over it, but I just recently found one in my apartment (first one I've seen here in 10 years) and about ran screaming. And I encountered my first flying one this summer. It landed on me!! I'm surprised nobody called the cops about the screaming I was doing! Oh, let's not forget that I can only pick up that one Papa Roach CD by the corner. Can't make it through 5 minutes of "Joe's Apartment" and there's that one episode of the "X-Files" that I can't watch.

People find it strange that I have screaming mimi fits over roaches, but I'll let spiders roam freely. Well, yeah, they eat other bugs!

Eeeeeeeeewwwwww! I'm getting grossed out just thinking about them! If this had happened to me, I would have needed to be sedated! And I wouldn't have stepped on them. I would have had to get rid of the shoes right then. NightAngel, you are made of sterner stuff than I! I think you deserve a drink (or 5) and a hug!
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
        i remember an episode of 'dirty jobs' that showed a home getting fumigated; the whole place was crawling with roaches, various kinds of garbage and other filth. were the occupants embarrassed to be shown on national tv like this? not on your life; they chatted with the host and the exterminator as if having a roach den in their 'pit' of a home is a normal occurrence.
        I saw that too! I believe that was the first episode I had caught of that show! I remember thinking, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" You couldn't pay me enough to have that job...

However, I did have a job remodeling houses. I worked for an investor who would buy houses that were not selling - ugly houses, houses about ready to be foreclosed on - fix them up and sell them for like at least a $25,000 profit. Nice...anyway...the first thing i did when I went into a house that he acquired was I opened everything up and bug bombed the crap out of it! I hate bugs...but that job did make me grow a tougher skin.
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

"Wanna get rid of roaches? Get a pet skunk. Seriously. They LOVE beetles of all kinds. I had a pet skunk about 7 years ago, he was such a sweetie, and would crunch crunch any ant, beetle, etc. that he could find."

See, my problem with that would be then the skunk would become contaminated and I'd be unable to stand the company of him, either.

I can handle all manner of creepy crawlies. Spiders, snakes, rats, leeches, ticks, you name it, it does not bother me. Roaches are another story entirely. They are dirty. They represent filth, contamination, and disease to me. I can't even stand to LOOK at them.

I once dug a pine beetle of some sort that was just about as long as my hand was wide out of a rotting log in Table Rock, NC once. This thing had huge pinchers (which were evidently just used for showing off to girl beetles, because he didn't use them on me) and looked scary. I showed it to a friend, who rolled his eyes and said "So, why are you okay with THAT, but..."

And I just said "I don't know. Phobias make no sense. "

Comment

Wanna get rid of roaches? Get a pet skunk. Seriously.
            Which is worse, the disease or the cure?

Hoping the bugs are gone...
            Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Skunks are easy. And you can get em descented and they take to a box like a housecat. You can even get em with spots!
              ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Spotted descented domesticated housebroken bug-eating pet skunks...the new hot item for the Christmas season! Get one now, while supplies last!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

I think it would be quite amusing to have a skunk wandering the store. Can you imagine the reactions?

The "Higher Powers" actually told my SM that we can't confront the roach people about the roaches.

Apparently, my impromptu fumagation didn't do much good as roaches are being spotted all over the store now. Strange how we've never had roaches before. I'm waiting for the candy cabnets to become infested... mmmm, candy...

I'm sure the GNC next door is going to be thrilled when they start finding roaches in the power bars.
                  "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                  HellGate: London

Comment

Icky icky icky! I don't like creepy crawly things! I don't mind them when they are outside...but don't let them inside! I definitely would have freaked out- no way would you get me to take care of that problem!

In my BF's old apartment there were never buggies until some new guys moved in downstairs. We called them the drunken frat boys, just to give you an idea. Suddenly, you might find a roach every once in awhile...and they were pretty big... Scared me to death... *shakes and shudders just thinking about it* I'm so glad he doesn't live there anymore. It was nothing like an infestation...but still...I hated the thought that I would go into the kitchen...and maybe there'd be one!

Once one was in the tea pot...

yucky...you are braver than I am...I wouldn't be able to handle that.
                    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                      The "Higher Powers" actually told my SM that we can't confront the roach people about the roaches.
                      I imagine that's easy to do when you're not one of the ones who have to actually deal with the situation. I've said it before, and I've said it again -- I would love it if one of these stuffed suits would have to actually set foot in the store, and actually deal with customers. They wouldn't last a day.

The biggest insult is that these are the people who make the most money.
                      Sometimes life is altered.
                      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                      Uneasy with confrontation.
                      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Do it anyway.

Despte what the suits want you to think, some customers are not worth retaining.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
                          Wow...do these people have no shame?

....Or are you just dealing with wierd aliens trying to get a universe strapped around some kitty's neck?
                          Orion pretty kitty.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post

A couple of cochroaches is a prank, a hundred is effort.
                            Cold slows them down.... Put a few at a time in a tupperware dish give them some air once in a while in the fridge.... Dump them where needed and let them warm up.

Comment

dry ice will knock them out
                              the carbon dioxide released knocks them out
                              then you can get rid of them easily
                              one of the many useless things i learned this semester in biology

Comment

At least you learned something in biology.

Comment

Working...
                                X