This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
    Seriously? I've met people who only drink bottled water, and I have to roll my eyes at them. But only brand name bottled water? Humans are becoming that spoiled now?

I'll stick with my tap water, thank you very much. Though I like the idea of putting it in a bottle with a "fancy water" label and pretending to be some kind of high class water snob.

We've run a lot of advertising and re-branding lately with the 'deluxe' stuff to attract the 'higher end' customers .... unfortunately that means they tend to be a bit more snobby if you're out of the high-end brand and you show them the lower end stuff.

even so I can understand if you want deluxe for a cut of meat (for the better quality). But water? It's all the same stuff ... just with different names on it.

Comment

In the US at least, bottled water is not generally safer or cleaner than tap. I do occasionally buy a case of bottled water, for emergencies and I'll put a couple in my car, too. Mostly I fill my big reusable bottle, but sometimes I forget or haven't washed it. I don't like the taste of the water here, (we've had this discussion before I think, lol) so I use a Brita pitcher. I understand that it only filters some things, and just reduces the taste of chlorine. That's fine with me!

Like Rana mentioned, some expensive things are legitimately better. Bottled water... Nope. Not one of them.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Three Mile Isle's the brand for me Filled with all the glowy goodness!
        I'll stick with Love Canal. Now there's a brand that'll put hairs on your chest.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
          Seriously? I've met people who only drink bottled water, and I have to roll my eyes at them. But only brand name bottled water? Humans are becoming that spoiled now?

I'll stick with my tap water, thank you very much. Though I like the idea of putting it in a bottle with a "fancy water" label and pretending to be some kind of high class water snob.
          Yep, i saw this a lot at work, people paying twice as much for name brand bottled water as store brand.
          Seph
          Taur10
          "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Quoth Javarod View Post
            Yep, i saw this a lot at work, people paying twice as much for name brand bottled water as store brand.
            Those off-brands are contaminated with DHMO!
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Penn and Teller's show looked into this a bit. Turns out some people will pay for any damn thing if you talk it up well enough. Also, some people are snobby about the stupidest things...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFKT4jvN4OE
              Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

I loved the Penn and Teller where they got people signing a petition against DHMO!

Comment

Working...
                X