This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will bleach hurt my dogs?

Right before closing a resident comes in and says she has mold growing in her yard.

R- resident

Me- lordy, lordy!

R- I wanted to report there's mold growing in my yard

Me- You mean on your fence?

R- No on the dirt. Green mold.

Okay, I'd like to point out to non-desert dwellers that this is monsoon season. We get lots of rain 'round these parts at this time of year.

Me- That's moss.

R- Moss? Are you sure?

Me- It's been raining a lot lately and moss will grow even in the desert during monsoon

R- Well, I poured bleach on it

Me- It's moss. Once the air dries up again, it'll die and go away on it's own.

R- So it won't hurt my dogs?

Me- The moss? No. The BLEACH? Yeah, probably!
    "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

Poor dogs.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Who in their right mind would pour bleach on anything outside....especially if they have animals? Oh, wait a sec, just answered my own question. Nevermind!

Quoth TTAZ View Post
      Okay, I'd like to point out to non-desert dwellers that this is monsoon season. We get lots of rain 'round these parts at this time of year.
      We've got several patches of it right now because my complex likes to water an hour a day....every day. Should be lovely after the remnants of Dolly goes through.
      Last edited by Pagan; 07-26-2008, 05:53 AM.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

TTAZ, which state are you from?

I wanna hold a Christmas BBQ once I get back to New Mexico. Wanna come? Pagan, you're invited too.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
          TTAZ, which state are you from?

I wanna hold a Christmas BBQ once I get back to New Mexico. Wanna come? Pagan, you're invited too.
          Oh, hell yeah! Just let me know when and where. I'll bring the Guiness!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
            I'll bring the Guiness!
            Oh Hell yes! <3

*loves on Pagan*
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Umm....EQ? Sweetie? Darling? Pumpkin Pie? What's my screen name? My state is right in it.

Comment

Quoth TTAZ View Post
                Umm....EQ? Sweetie? Darling? Pumpkin Pie? What's my screen name? My state is right in it.
                *blinkblink*

I thought it was a combination of "Tarot" and "Taz" from Looney Toons.

Arizona isn't far from New Mexico.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                  *blinkblink*

I thought it was a combination of "Tarot" and "Taz" from Looney Toons.

Arizona isn't far from New Mexico.
                  D'oh! I thought it had something to do with Taz, too! Glad I'm not the only one that has misfiring neurons....

Comment

Quoth TTAZ View Post
                    Quoth Pagan View Post
                    D'oh! I thought it had something to do with Taz, too! Glad I'm not the only one that has misfiring neurons....
                    There are plenty of misfiring neurons going around. I was trying to figure out which state was TA. Then I realized it was AZ.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      There are plenty of misfiring neurons going around. I was trying to figure out which state was TA.
                      Of course it's gotta be TexAs!

yeah, I never thought TTArizona, either.
                      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

She's crazy? I LOVE moss! Moss is beautyful!
                        I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Well... Actually...

I used to do some volunteer work in an animal shelter. In point of fact, unless they drink it directly, bleach won't hurt the dogs. It's even less harmful after it chemically breaks down a bit.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                            There are plenty of misfiring neurons going around. I was trying to figure out which state was TA. Then I realized it was AZ.
                            Why, that's Texarkana!
                            "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Okay, okay, the name was a bit obscure It's shorthand for TucsonTaylorAZ- i.e.- my town, a fictional character from a book that inspired my move here, and my state.

Difdi- I didn't know that about bleach, I hope the silly woman didn't pour enough on the ground to form a puddle, I never like hearing about animals being hurt, especially for such a stupid reason as that.

Comment

Working...
                              X