This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "She'll loose her job over this"

As I was exiting the hosptial through the ER, I over heard some woman ranting and raving on her cell phone about her problem with the ER registration. When I passed her she was telling someone over the phone about how the stupid woman couldn't find her order on Monday (for her test) and how she knew it was there the entire time. She must be angry because she had to come back after they went through the trouble of getting her a new order. As I passed her she said that she was going back inside to get the woman's name and that she will definately "loose her job over this". First that patient should have brought her own order that the dr's office gave her and not relied on us to find orders that may or may have not been faxed.

What I don't get is why people think that it is necessary for somone to loose their job over a minor inconvience. I am sure that this woman will not get anything more than an appoplgy, but not because she diserves one.

Quoth 0oAmericanGirl View Post
    What I don't get is why people think that it is necessary for somone to loose their job over a minor inconvience. I am sure that this woman will not get anything more than an appoplgy, but not because she diserves one.
    A lot of people think this because they want to blame someone else for their stupidity. No one is willing to accept responsibility anymore these days, and because they feel so stupid when they are proven wrong...they get flustered and upset.

Comment

Quoth KamenRiderOsaka View Post
      A lot of people think this because they want to blame someone else for their stupidity. No one is willing to accept responsibility anymore these days, and because they feel so stupid when they are proven wrong...they get flustered and upset.
      That is ridiculious!! Nothing can be further from the truth. Now, we'll discuss this even more when I get back from Bizarroworld.

Seriously, it's true. I see it every day. It's my company's fault because people went over their minutes, didn't pay their bill, canceled the insurance two months before their phone was stolen and so on.

It's *my* fault that their phone went for a swim or doesn't work underground. :S
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth 0oAmericanGirl View Post
        What I don't get is why people think that it is necessary for somone to loose their job over a minor inconvience.
        I have always wondered if SCs understand exactly what it is they are demanding when they tell management they want someone fired.
        Job loss is a big deal for a lot of people. Some are only one paycheque away from being on the streets. Or not being able to buy groceries for their kids. Maybe the medical insurance from their jobs is the only thing keeping them alive and healthy.
        I wish people would think about that before threatening to "have your job over this." Like you said, is a minor inconvenience to you worth all that misery for the person who just made an honest mistake?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

We had a woman bitch out the overnight pharmacist because we didn't call to let her know that her doctor DIDN'T phone in a script for her.

Ponder that one at your own peril.

Comment

Kind of like the guy I dealt with at Bellsouth where he wanted me fired for providing his soon to be ex-wife all of the local calls he made to his girlfriend in another town. The wife was authorized on the account, I provided a list of all outgoing calls, mailed to the same address. Well, what I unknowingly did was help this woman in her nasty divorce and custody battle, giving her proof that her husband was a sleezy bastard. And, it was, "He's going to be fired for this!", which I was not, being I did my job correctly. He was the idiot who moved out, yet left the phone in his name, plus did nothing about having her name removed from the account.

Comment

I'm still waiting on getting fired for refusing to walk right back into the fridge I just came from to see if an ordered cake was there.

That fridge is as big as my hand, trust me, if there were to be a cake there (In a fridge full of BREAD), I'd have noticed it even if I wasn't paying attention.
              Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

It is a stupid petty power play by stupid petty people. It says more about them than it does about the employee but they will never "get it".

Comment

Working...
                X