Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complaining about an employee's shoes...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We figured if he was old enough to need a suit for an interview, and had worn a suit often enough for it to be dry-cleaned, why maybe the wimmin-folk in his family didn't have to do this?

next town over would have been maybe a ten mile drive, all told.

I did have one job that specified in the employee handbook, "Shoes will be kept shined and in good repair." Also, "Makeup must be worn for a professional appearance."

Comment

Quoth workerbee222 View Post
      I did have one job that specified in the employee handbook, "Shoes will be kept shined and in good repair." Also, "Makeup must be worn for a professional appearance."
      Professional appearance? Soldiers are professionals, and apply camouflage makeup. Circus clowns are professionals, and they wear makeup. "Seamstresses" (we miss you, Terry Pratchett) practice the World's Oldest Profession, and I'd guess a lot of them wear makeup. Even though these are all examples of a professional appearance (for various professions), I doubt if this is what the employee handbook had in mind.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        It's four miles down the freeway.
        heheheh, I used to ride my bicycle to work. Four miles round trip. Saved a ton of money that year. I should start doing that again....

Anyway, I walk farther than that (round trip) to go to the store. I am single, so everything fits in my backpack nicely.
        I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

I use the "it lasts longer" justification for my purse. Yes, I did spend nearly $300 on the bag I carry. I have carried it every day for over a decade and it is still in decent shape. I'm only now thinking about replacing it, though the only thing wrong with it is that it's dirty. If I could figure out how to clean it, it would be fine.
          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post

I get this nonsense all the time. I tell a customer that our Nexttown store has the product they're looking for, and they whine, "I don't waaaaannnnnttttt to drive to Nexttooooowwwwnnnnn!" It's four miles down the freeway. If I can get my beat-to-hell ten-year-old car down there and back home, you can drive your 2016 Suburban Yuppie Tank there with no problems!
            Good lord, just noticed this. I send people nearly 30 miles to our nearest store, if they have it in stock and we don't. I don't usually bother to look it up unless they seem really set on that specific item, but if the other store has it they get all happy and don't seem to mind driving half an hour.
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth workerbee222 View Post
              Many years before I retired from the government, one higher up management type decided they would have a dress code for us professionals that included wearing a tie*. This notion did not last long after it pointed out that it was a sexist rule since the women weren't required to wear ties. Long live equality.

* This being before computers, we worked around metal filing cabinets that snagged anything and everything that came near. A tie would be shredded to ribbons in very little time.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
              X