This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It smells in there!

Right out side of the enterence to the hospital I work at is a water fountain and a waist hall wall between the parking lot and the side walk of the hospital. The area is shady in the afternoos and is a nice place to come to take a break (either employee, or patients).

It seems that most smokers ignore the 10 or so signs in this area that say "no smoking" and light up anyway. This big deal is that this is an enterance to a hospital, anyone with common sence know that smoking in front of the hospital is unhealthy for other (buy they don't care). The hospital provides weather proof booths just for smoking.

I couldn't resist today, I walked past a group of people right infront of several "no smoking signs" and told them that this was a non smoking area and pointed out the booth. One of them looked at me and said,"It smells in there"... doh wonder why?

Of course it sucks even worse to have to go get a customer out of the damn booth when it's their turn to register and the department their test is at is calling you and yelling at you because the customer hasn't been registered yet!
    Last edited by 0oAmericanGirl; 08-01-2006, 11:23 PM.

Let me guess, you work in "day surgery" section of the hospital. ("Day surgery" is what they called it 15 or so years ago, I ain't got a clue what they call it now)

You have my pity, I think hospitals are one hard place to work at. You have 2 potential CS. The patients and the doctors.
    I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Quoth LostMyMind
      Let me guess, you work in "day surgery" section of the hospital. ("Day surgery" is what they called it 15 or so years ago, I ain't got a clue what they call it now)

You have my pity, I think hospitals are one hard place to work at. You have 2 potential CS. The patients and the doctors.
      Well I register for that and : Lab, x-ray, NM, CT, ultrasound, cardio, admissions and other outpatient testing. Doctors can't seem to figure out how to write diagnoses or sign the orders and cuss at us when we have to get a replacement.

Comment

Yep, can I call you momma?

My mother still works at the hospital and she works in "admissions" for "day surgery". I hear all kinds of stories about doctors. Specially when nurses point out med conflicts to the doctor. Ohhh the hell that nurse goes through.
        I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

The complaints about doctors reminds me of the old joke about the difference between God and a neurosurgeon....

God doesn't think he's a neurosurgeon.
          Civilized men tend to be ruder than savages because they know they can be impolite without getting their skulls split, as a rule.
          - Robert E. Howard

Comment

Quoth ForestDragon
            The complaints about doctors reminds me of the old joke about the difference between God and a neurosurgeon....

God doesn't think he's a neurosurgeon.
            ...took me a second

Comment

Working...
            X