Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had something similar happen. Residential account running 2 businesses from it. They wanted an overnight call out. We simply do not have people running 24/7 for non business accounts. I verified that he was using a residential account to run a business. Told him I needed to get the data over to CS to see about switching to a business package due to his usage. Called the overnight guy and posted the call logs for CS so they could talk to him about business class of service. Good times.
    Bark like a chicken!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      Had the caller been nicer and not gone to 11 right off the bat, he probably would've gotten more of an apology, and maybe get a discount on business service for a couple months as a goodwill gesture.
      Quoted for Truth.

As a customer, I've experienced this. Recently, I got a phone call about a missed payment on some work I financed on my house. I call the number on the machine, get a very nice lady who explains I missed the first payment.

Cue me going I tell her I never got a bill. She says they don't bill; I'm supposed to use a coupon book (I haven't used one of these since I bought my first car---25 years ago). I never got the coupon book, but I offer to make a payment over the phone and ask for a new book since I never got the first one.

She tells me what I owe, includes a late fee. I ask for it to be waived since I never got the coupon book. She agrees. I pay.

Easy. I mean really, folks. Asking nicely really is NOT that hard!
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
        Quoted for Truth.

As a customer, I've experienced this. Recently, I got a phone call about a missed payment on some work I financed on my house. I call the number on the machine, get a very nice lady who explains I missed the first payment.

Cue me going I tell her I never got a bill. She says they don't bill; I'm supposed to use a coupon book (I haven't used one of these since I bought my first car---25 years ago). I never got the coupon book, but I offer to make a payment over the phone and ask for a new book since I never got the first one.

She tells me what I owe, includes a late fee. I ask for it to be waived since I never got the coupon book. She agrees. I pay.

Easy. I mean really, folks. Asking nicely really is NOT that hard!
        Exactly.

I posted about this guy once but... had a customer at my last job who wanted a complete refund on a service he purchased. "Keith" was willing to work with him, but since they DID do some service (a diag) they couldn't do a complete refund. So he was going to pretty much return the original service, minus the cost of a diag.

Customer went right to 11, telling him "YOU WILL GIVE ME A COMPLETE REFUND *NOW*" and if anything... he only raised his voice more after that.

He ended up getting... and invitation to leave from the MOD.

Comment

We all know that being nice will almost always get you better results than being an ass nugget.

Just a little while back, I called to pay one of my utility bills. When I asked her what the balance was, to make sure it agreed with my numbers, she quoted me a number about twice that.

ME: "Wait, what? Why is it so high?"
          HER: "Well, it was $X.xx for November, and $X.xx for Decmeber."
          ME: "Wait, what? You mean I didn't pay my bill last month?"
          HER: "It appears not, sir."
          ME: "Well, I'm an idiot."
          HER: "I wouldn't say that, sir."
          ME: "I would, and I'm in a position to know. Trust me, I really am an idiot."
          HER:

So I paid for the two months, getting mad at the idiot responsible for the whole mess: me.

Now, who in their right mind thinks that me going off and yelling at this poor woman would have gotten me anywhere?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Just curious, but could you do the reverse (residential account with business service on it)? The way I can see this coming about is that residential customer wants features X, Y, and Z, (probably a high-bandwidth customer - multiple Netflix HD streaming at the same time for different family members), and the only plan you offer that has all these features is offered as a business service.
            nah no point. all the buisness guys get over residential is static ip and higher level fault repairs.. speed is same for both.
            The mere fact that we have the flamethrower means that someone, somewhere once said "You know, I'd really like to set those customers over there on fire, but don't possess the means to do it"

Comment

Working...
            X