Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supposedly, the motors on our electric handicapped scooters can burn out if they are driven outside--they must not handle rough or uneven surfaces well, and our parking lot has seen better days.

But all we have to deter people from driving them outside is a sensormatic sticker hidden somewhere on the cart that sets off the door alarms. Of course, nobody pays attention to them because there are so many false alarms.

And guess who gets to drive the carts back inside when they get abandoned in the parking lot? Usually I end up having to push the damn thing because the battery shits the bit and the cart dies.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Quicksilver View Post
      I wonder if Walmart would consider taking some of its muli billion dollar profit and investing it in technology that would involve placing a sensor on each scooter that would shut it down if removed from the building. Either that or deliver a severe electric shock up the ass of the driver.

Just a thought.
      I vote (B).

Quoth Boozy View Post
      Personally, I give seniors the benefit of the doubt...to a point.
      me too, but considering the daughter is just like her mother, i'm thinking alzheimer's etc. is not the issue in this case
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
      X