X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soon to be SC

I get a call today in Home E.....

SC: Hi I was wondering if you had any Nintendo DS's in stock and how much they are?
    Me: Yes we do, they are going for $149.99.
    SC: Since xmas is coming up soon do you think you will be having any special bundle packs coming soon?
    Me: Im sure we will but I dont know the specifics yet. But stuff like that usually happens around christmas time.
    SC: No bundles now?
    Me: Actually we have a bundle package with Brain Age 2, a carrying case, and a special red Nintendo DS for 159.99.
    SC: O but they are 139.99 at Best buy!
    Me: Is that the system or this bundle pack....?
    SC: O.......im not sure....so how is this a deal if you still pay for the game?
    Me: Well a game runs about 35-45 and with this deal your getting a nice game for all ages for only about 10 bucks.
    SC: But your still paying for it. I dont see the deal.
    Me: Ok? Your saving about 20-30 bucks....
    SC: Didnt you have a deal where you get a game free with the purchase of a DS?
    Me: (remembers something from about 5 months back where you got $20 off of a pokemon game with the purchase of a DS) No ma'am that was a different promotion from about 3 or 4 months ago....
    SC: Any way I can get the game free deal?
    Me: Ummm.....no
    SC: Do you think they would let me have it if I called back and twisted a supervisors arm about it?
    Me: probably not............
    SC: *click*

warned my supervisors about that one :/ so no one will honor it if she calls in and tries to 'twist some arms'. Im tellin yah, she wont be able to twist mine
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

The price on the regular DS is 139.99, the bundle is 159.99/
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Department stores *sigh* View Post
      SC: Do you think they would let me have it if I called back and twisted a supervisors arm about it?
      Kill her now, before she pupates into a full fledged SC, Lord Cuthulu demands it.
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
        DS games are usually roughly half the price of the system itself, so theres your deal lady.
        MMO Addicts group

Comment

Tell her to buy an Atari 2600 for 50 cents. & when she asks you WHERE just point in the direction to the nearest flea market...lol. MAYBE then she'll be happy.

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
            at my store its still at 149.99. im sure it will drop soon but for now its still at 149.99. maybe a week should do it

Comment

***update***

So soon to be SC swung by today and even though i managed to warn every single manager in the store a friend of mine who is a Sup. told her she could get the deal. I was completely livid. I phoned the manager and asked if there was any way I could still say no. He said we would have to go with it but he is gunna have a talk with the Sup. This wasnt my first run in with this woman (once i met her face to gface i remembered her) Our convo at the till went like this....

Me: Ok, just so you know I will not do any favors, any price changes or aynthing for you ever again unless told otherwise by my AM or M. I will not take any word of a supervisor or anyone else in my dept.
              SC: Well this deal was on last month!
              Me: No it was not. This isnt even the deal that was offered 5 months ago.
              SC: Well my friend told me this and said it was last month.
              Me: And I told you on the phone I would not give this deal and this was something that ran 5 months ago.
              SC: On the phone.....?
              Me: It was me who talked to you on the phone two days ago.
              SC: O.....i hope i didnt get <sup> in trouble.
              Me: If he does, you didnt, he did it. Heres your purchase. Have a nice day.

Ugh i felt bad since the sup is a good work pal of mine but it was sooo aggrevating. He didnt get in much trouble (which is good) i just told him to PLEASE not tell people what they can and cant get on Home E stuff. He is a cashier Sup.......So I told him to butt out of my dept >.<

Comment

Working...
              X