This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of youwould do this to your computor? <Long>

A few weeks ago this little PSA against inbreeding occurred.

We are installing new drive enclosures at Very Big Corporation. So we install the enclosures and we are done until it is wired for power. We can not connect the drive to a power source, we usually can't even make openings in the enclosure for power. That is strictly a job for an electrician.

My father once did that decades ago and the union still hasn't forgiven him. They have a mind for holding long grudges, but that leaves little room for anything else.

The drive needed to have two systems installed, power and a fire alarm. So they do power. And bore the hole, in the metal enclosure right over the drive. There was room to go under, through the sides, and of center on the top. But they placed the hole almost right over the drive.

Which brings me to this question, would you toss a hand full of metal shavings inside you computer?

So we send one of your guys over and he cleans the enclosure out, and carefully disassembles the drive to get the pieces out of it.

Then the fire alarm was installed. The hole was bored RIGHT OVER THE F*****G DRIVE AGAIN!. This happened the same day our guy finished cleaning it!.

So how many of you would throw a handful of metal shavings inside your computer? Twice?

So Boss and I go over, and it is actuality worse this time. He found a rather large coil of metal inside the drive. HE has to stay until midnight to clean it all out.

So Very Big Corporation doesn't want to pay all that over time on a job we finished nearly 24 (mostly over time) man hours ago. So they bill the electricians for our time.

Ah, justice and good prevail at the end of this battle.
    "Wait... he's alive, but his head's gone..." -Crow

Somebody forgot to look CAREFULLY at the layouts...lol.

Comment

For the love of.. *strangles them*
      Be like the flower that perfumes the very hand that crushes it.

Comment

Your thread title made me cringe. This is the kind of story that makes me cry for my electronic comrades and hug my poor laptop has it also weeps for its bretheren.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Working...
        X