This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Law

Federal Law specifically states that a student's record at post-secondary institutions are protected (regardless of age, even if student is under 18) and cannot be release to anyone but the student (if a waiver is not on file, or power of attorney forms are not on file).

Parents seem to fail at comprehending this policy and expect us to violate federal regs and demand we give them the following:
    -A student's status of admission
    -Info on files we received (or need) for the student
    -The student's username and password for the application
    -Grades and academic standing (typically asked of academic advisors)

The common complaint and defense is... "I pay for their education, I need full access to EVERYTHING!"

Or worse... "Well I filled out their application for them!" *headdesk*

Some understand this policy, some fail. Those who fail sometimes get nasty with us, to which I offer this advice (in my head of course):

Don't mess with someone who has access to the "cancel application" button.

kthxbai.

Or worse... "Well I filled out their application for them!" *headdesk*
    "so.... you decided college would be a good place to put a kid who has no ability for writing simple words? Have you considered that it's usually good to complete grade school before going to a university?"

Comment

Aaah, the sound of entitlement and helicopter parents. Although sucky, it does give you a reason to love them, you know their kids are holding down the low end of the bell curve.

Comment

I get that at work. After a certain date we have to send out certified letters to the people that are late. Then after 14 days after that, we have to send out another one. It is State Law for the self storages. Most people are cool about the extra charges. It is $15 each certified letter. Others are assholes about it. They always want to know why thsy have $30 added onto their account. on top of the late charge. We tell them that it is State Law that we must send them out to the people that are late. Asking us to break a State Law is not going to get you anywhere.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
        X