This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth otakuneko View Post
    Er, words are trademarked, not copyrighted. And mere usage of the word doesn't constitute a violation. Microsoft's not about to come after me for merely uttering their name. Naming my software company Mikro-sofT OTOH would raise some well-paid hackles in Redmond.

IANAL but I don't really think the guy has any standing at all.
    But it's like Betelgeuse, if you say it three times your computer will crash. Unless it's a Mac or running Linux...then it'll watch the gremlin run face first into the screen then laugh it's head off at the little idiot.

M
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

I don't think you have to worry about not buying anything from him. Went to the website. He sell two hats, same design in a different color.

Comment

Quoth Saydrah View Post
        [S]ent him a link from Dogster showing how often "pawrent" is casually used there (thousands of instances) and saying that certainly much of the pet world seems to feel it's fair use.
        IANAL, but from the way I understand copyright/trademark law, you could probably blow him out of the water if you wanted to take the time and effort to go to court over it. The word is just way too damn common to be considered a trademark by itself, without being part of a logo or otherwise uniquely identified from common vernacular.
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Saydrah View Post
          Hah! I think I love whoever publishes that magazine.
          Really? This is the editor...
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Good old Ian Hislop. Very intelligent. Appears on 'Have I Got News for You', one of the few programmes on TV I miss.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth PhotoChick View Post
              I don't think you have to worry about not buying anything from him. Went to the website. He sell two hats, same design in a different color.
              HATS?!

To 867?

JustADude-- Yeah, probably. But, he seems to have backed off so far. I'll let you know if anything more happens.

Crazylegs-- Ok, intellectual love. Of his brainmatter. Not physical.
              My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

off topic: naw, Karel Čapek created the word "robot", but Asimov did "robotics" (yeah im a geek and looked it up at wikipedia

hmmm... 876 ... would explain it i guess

Comment

Working...
                X