This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She Did What?!?

I really wish I had been up front when this happened, cause there's just NO way I would have let this happen.

Anyway, it turns out that this woman comes into the library and goes to the Circ Desk. She hands what looks like a large canvas lunch cooler to the clerk and tells her to put it in our lost and found box. No, she didn't find it in or around the library ... some guy left it at her house and she doesn't want him to go to her house to pick it up, so she figures she can just drop it off at the library and tell him to go pick it up there. Then she hands the clerk a piece of paper with the guys name/address on it, and I think the clerk was so amazed that she just took it.

By the time I found out about it, the woman was long gone, and I was like ... what??? Who knows what's in the thing and I'm not looking to find out. So, it's now in the lost and found box and I'm just so pissed. I mean, how much nerve do you have to just dump something at the library, like we're some landfill? And she didn't want the guy to go to her house to pick it up ... what's that about? Can't be good, right? I bet she never told the guy which library to pick it up from, either.

So, should I just toss it or what?
    I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

I'd chuck it out. I'm also having mental images of lunch coolers filled with severed body parts and drugs
    My Wajas cave

Comment

Personally I'd call police and introduce her to a world of pain and explanations.
      I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

could be a bomb.
        Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

My first thought... drugs or something illegal. Ditch it. You're not responsible for items that were not lost/found there, neither is the library.
          Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

I agree with everyone, toss it in the trash, it's not the librarys' responsibilty to hold onto it and if something illegal is in it, you don't want any part of that.

Comment

Quoth Bliss View Post
              Personally I'd call police and introduce her to a world of pain and explanations.
              Quoth Foxglove8778 View Post
              could be a bomb.
              I'd call 911. Someone busted in, demanded to leave an item there and left abruptly.

Suspicious as it can get.
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                I'd call 911. Someone busted in, demanded to leave an item there and left abruptly.

Suspicious as it can get.
                Agreed, except for one part.

I don't think that walking into the library counts as busting in.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Maybe its nothing sinister.

Maybe this guy was just a one-night stand that she came to regret in the harsh light of morning, and the bag contains his lunch.

Or maybe the bag contains a nuclear bomb that will kill us all.

Seriously, how is your curiosity not killing you? You have to look in the bag and tell us what's in there.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I'd call the police, not 911, and tell them that a lady left a suspicious package. It happens all the time at the airport.
                    Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

Oh well ... you guys got me so curious that I went to go peek inside, but it's gone. I asked around and one of the librarians said the guy came yesterday to pick it up. A young middle-aged man, was her description. I guess it wasn't meant to know the contents. I wish I had something more witty/amusing to post.
                      I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

GAH THE CURIOUSITY! IT KIIIIIIIIIILLS ME!
                        Military Spouse Support.
                        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I'd call the cops. You never know.
                          It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                          -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

When I worked for the public library here we used to get a lot of crap put in the lost and found too. The most memorable one was a clay statue of a really ugly clown. You could tell some amatuer did it, it was that ugly. Anyway it was just left on our sidewalk and my boss said we had to take it to the lost and found. No one ever claimed it and I was happy when the 30 days was up and I could smash it to my heart's content.
                            How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                              You have to look in the bag and tell us what's in there.
                              Ugh... I feel sick for this particular reference, but maybe it's a bright white light? Or Sam Jackson's soul?
                              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                              X