X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three day debit card fight.

Day one:

Manager J seems to have taken a phone order from this Nana girl. She called back as the pizza was on its way and changed her total with a coupon. Manager J voided her previous amount with a sigh, and redid her ticket. The card machine said, AND printed, a VOIDED ticket she had to sign.

This is more of a hassle than it sounds, as the driver had to go again with her cooling pizza twice, and then again for her to sign tickets.

Day two:

Seems her bank did not automatically take away the charges, and its our fault somehow. On-going battle with Manager J said she had to call her bank, and then it was usually 24 hours after the calls are set, and the card machine talk, that she will be credited. This was 9p.m..

Day three:

I answer the phone when she calls at 9:45a.m. about the same thing. 12 hour time, mind you. I would be upset as well, but leave only a single call to us because her BANK are the ones holding her money in limbo.

Nana: (repeat of above) and I looked at 8:30 today and it wasn't credited.
    Me: You have to wait 24 hours or so, so that all the computer and people talking can set it straight. We have nothing to do with that.
    Nana: Well I wanna talk to Manager J!!
    Me: He isn't here right now, but I have Manager D, and have written a note for Manager J.
    Nana: WELL my bank won't help and neither will you!! I'm to have overages over this!
    Me: I see here you signed a ticket, which we have a copy of, that you aknowledged we credited back your original total, and only charged for your ticket with coupon.
    Nana: Well yeah, thats why the pizza was cold.
    Me: Then you have to call your bank. We don't deal with your account.

She kept on the same line for a while, until Manager D told me to hang up on her @_@

Was the coupon close to expiring, and that's why she just had to have it on this order? I'd have just waited and used it the next time I ordered pizza.

Comment

Quoth strawbabies View Post
      Was the coupon close to expiring, and that's why she just had to have it on this order? I'd have just waited and used it the next time I ordered pizza.
      Perhaps, or perhaps she's just a dumbass when it comes to coupons. See there's some people out there who think they should get the coupon price even if they forget to mention it when ordering and make it a pain in the ass for everyone.
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I have a feeling that you may be hearing from her again, because even though the credit was done on your end, the bank (by law) can take up to 10 business days to process a credit.

Comment

She is going to have overages for a double charge for a pizza? At most that is like $15? Wow, if I was down to the last $15 in my account the last thing I'd do is order pizza in the first place.

Comment

No joke, folks.

She called again today, and said we need to pay her in cash...

WTF?!?

We keep telling her to call her bank, but she's at five calls a day to us now, and says her bank won't take her calls anymore... wonder why?

Comment

Nope. You don't need to do diddly squat.

This is all between her and her bank.

I've actually had bad charges put me into overage state. My bank's always been a gem as far as taking off overdraft fees, even in cases where it was clearly my own fault.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

That's the problem with debit cards. When you void the original sale the customer's bank will hold the darn funds for about three days before releasing the money. We learned to just do a full refund and then re-ring the purchase as a new sale....This saves a lot of headaches later.
                If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

Quoth Camry178 View Post
                  That's the problem with debit cards. When you void the original sale the customer's bank will hold the darn funds for about three days before releasing the money. We learned to just do a full refund and then re-ring the purchase as a new sale....This saves a lot of headaches later.
                  If you void a debit transaction at B&N, the register automatically gives back the cash. And if a customer is returning something and they paid by debit, they get cash back, unless they specifically request that we credit the account, in which case I would always make very clear that it could take several days. It's rare I ever had anyone insist on a credit
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I bet she only tipped a dollar or two, if any.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                      I bet she only tipped a dollar or two, if any.
                      In pennies.

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
                        In pennies.
                        What tip? =p

Comment

I always hate to be the bearer of bad news but it can legally take up to 30 days for the refund to hit her account.

But..as long as you have a copy of the void slip;next time she calls you can tell her that once the refund is entered into the system there is literally nothing that ANYONE can do about how long it takes for the money to be returned. It's all computerized.
                          www.myspace.com/queenofevrything

Comment

Working...
                          X