Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forget not being able to read signs, SC's can't even see signs.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget not being able to read signs, SC's can't even see signs.

Especially when they are huge and bright pink.

With yellow writing clearly laying out the terms off the offer.

I ask you, would you find this hard to understand?

"3 for 2 on all fruits, nuts, seeds and snacks.
    Mix and match, buy any three and get the cheapest free."

I have had to explain this at least 50 times today- to people who brought two items up-
    'you know you can get a third item and your cheapest will be free?'
    'Oh, I saw that, but I don't want 3 of each'
    'It's mix and match, it can be anything.'
    'Oh, Can it?'

and every third person..
    'Is this 3 for 2?'
    Noooooo, the bright pink sign is an illusion only you can see.

Not only are there 4 of these huge pink and yellow signs on one aisle, but EVERY SINGLE SHELF has a smaller pink and yellow sign giving all this info.
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post

"3 for 2 on all fruits, nuts, seeds and snacks.
    Mix and match, buy any three and get the cheapest free."
    Ha! I know where you work!
    "If it offends one person, it effects everyone".....me, on the PC world in which we dwell.

Comment

Yeah, I bet most people do now. I'd rather not mention The Evil though, in case Mr Toadface Head Man knows how to use the internet and works out who I am and in which city.
      Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

It's been my experience, after 17 years in the retail industry, (yes, sadly, it really HAS been that long) that customers are most likely to notice brightly-colored, ELECTRICALLY-LIT signage. That's why I'm a BIG fan of both the LED OPEN/CLOSED sign and the lighted Business Hours sign!

Unfortunately, too few companies actually USE them.

And, sadly, that type of signage isn't really practical for use throughout the store to advertise your current sales and promotions.
        "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
        --StanFlouride

Comment

IME, SCs can read only one word per sign, so they usually focus on these two: FREE and/or SALE. It's just too much to expect them to read the rest of those other things printed on the sign.

So, if the word "free" is on the sign, (even if it's part of another, longer word such as freedom) that means that things are free, and where are they at, cause it's free and they want 20 of em!!!

If the word "sale" is on the sign, then everything's on sale, and where are they at, cause it's on sale and they want 20 of em!!!
          I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
            Yeah, I bet most people do now. I'd rather not mention The Evil though, in case Mr Toadface Head Man knows how to use the internet and works out who I am and in which city.
            I don't! but then I live on a different continent
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
            X