Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gravekeeper, I think this belongs to you...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gravekeeper, I think this belongs to you...

I was just coming off lunch today when my phone rang and...stupidly...I picked it up.

This guy, who informed me he was calling from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, proceeded to take me on a 10-minute, 46-second whirlwind tour of insanity. I didn't think fast enough to write this all down verbatim, but let me hit the high points for you.

First of all, when I picked up the phone and gave my standard greeting of "Newsroom", the first words out of this guy's mouth were "Are you a strong Texas woman?"

I think my exact response was "Huh?"

He repeated himself. "Are you a strong Texas woman?"

Well, all right, I already answered the phone, I guess I'm committed to see where this is going. "Yes sir."

He then explained that what he was about to ask me to do was going to be rather unusual. I had already gathered that, so I just kept playing along. He then asked me to write down a question for him. It was "Which woman is actually a male ex-convict Canadian?" Then he told me to write down six names...Barbara Bush, Sarah Palin, Laura Bush, Elizabeth Dole, Cindy McCain, and I forget what the sixth one was because by then it was all I could do not to howl laughter over the phone. Don't want to be rude, after all.

He then proceeded to inform me of the following about each of these women...that they were all former male Canadian citizens, that about half of them were ex-cons who had fled from Canada into America PLANNING to become the first woman president, despite the fact, and this IS a direct quote..."they still have their ding-dongs between their legs." Whoo boy. (Oh and he also told me that Elizabeth Dole was/is the son of Stu and Helen Hart, which made the wrestling fan in me LMAO at the sheer randomness of it, especially since she was born something like 12 years before Stu and Helen even got married.)

Oh, and then, after this little excursion, he had me "write down" (I wasn't actually writing this down so much as I was pantomiming into the air, but yeah) another name that I had never heard before. He informed me that the Texas Rangers, for some reason, stole this woman, smuggled her all the way to and across the Canadian border, and put her into a hole underground with JFK and RFK, who are both still alive but being held captive by the "gutless, cowardly SOBs" (indirect quote, I'm watching my language) in the Texas Rangers.

Then he told me to take all this that I had written down, take it around to all "my" Texas Rangers, call them GD gutless cowards to their faces, and demand to know where his wife was. Even though she's apparently in a hole in Canada with JFK and RFK. And for some reason, a bunch of men, including a member of the Hart wrestling family, dressed in drag and snuck across the borders to become the first female American presidents, are apparently involved.

Oh yeah, and he said that back in 1978, he had "declared the North American Military Police Act," which is apparently sort of like hitting home base in a game of freeze tag, so the Texas Rangers couldn't touch him, but they took off with his wife to spite him, and stuck her in the hole underground with the Kennedys. Except Teddy, who is apparently too wily to get caught. And he repeated "Where is my wife?" several times in between calling the Texas Rangers (he never specified if it was the cop version or the sports version, come to think of it) all sorts of horrible names.

At the end of the call, he politely thanked me for my time, repeated that I should take his message to "my" Texas Rangers, and hung up.

So...yeah...Graves...come get your psycho and take him back home with you. I ain't babysittin'.

Edit: Finally remembered. The sixth woman was Hillary Clinton. How in the name of hell I forgot Hillary Clinton and remembered Elizabeth Dole, I don't know, but there ya go.
    Last edited by MystyGlyttyr; 10-14-2008, 09:25 PM.
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

*gasp, wheeze*

I am so sorry you couldn't get a recording of that call. That's pretty well insane, but it cheered me up.

Comment

Holy guacamole

Insane in the membrane... he's insane, in the brain! er. Well, he is! Kudo's for not openly laughing out loud with that, I couldn't have done it.
      "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Quoth Snowbird View Post
        Kudo's for not openly laughing out loud with that, I couldn't have done it.
        Oh, I let fly quite fiercely after the fact. I stayed with him mostly because I was just curious to see if he was going to drag any more Canadian wrestlers into the mix. I was dying to hear how Chris Jericho or Nattie Neidhart was involved.
        "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

OK, I'm getting some funny looks from coworkers now, and I broke rule #1.

GawDAMN that's some premium crazy.
          My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

LMAO, the first thing I thought was "RADIO PRANK" but as it kept going and going, YEAP, it's a whacko

Comment

Oh, and there's more...

Just got a ten-page fax rambling on and on about pretty much the same things he said to me on the phone, only in more fascinating detail. (I made copies, I might scan a couple in when I get home and show them off with the proper editing.) And having tracked the number the fax came from, the fellow is, indeed, from Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

...how exactly he got hold of us here in TEXAS, I do not know.

But yes, scanned images of these fun rambles coming tonight

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post

But yes, scanned images of these fun rambles coming tonight
                You are so awesome! I can't wait! ...I have no life...
                Check out my cosplay social group!
                http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Mysty? My head is twitching and won't stop. From one wrestling fan to another, make it stop? The sawdoff shot gun is in the closet.

Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

Oh dear. he's in my city.

I look forwards to these faxes.
                    Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

A left leaning Canadian? I found it funny that with the exception of Hillary all the women named were Republicans. Looks like our media is poisoning minds everywhere. Sorry Canada.

(Although I think most people do believe that Hillary was a man at some point.)
                      I feel crazy. Like I'm drunk and trapped in a water globe and someone won't stop shaking it.
                      -The Amazing E
                      Zonies social group now open!

Comment

Reminds me of the letters & e-mails sent in by some of our more "interesting" customers when I worked for "big 3-car maker". One person's letters informed us, mostly mis-spelled, that in 1976 he had been appointed by the World Council to build all the manufacturing facilities in all countries on the planet. The car company, because of his efforts, was going to deliver some super-secret SUV with bulletproof tires & glass to the 'pre-arranged secret location', but they had failed to deliver. He would send in rambling, 10-page letters, with w*^orDS filled with ran*()NHJdom punctuation marks & miscellaneous capitalization. I think his letters would have been more legible if he let his cat walk across the computer keyboard.

He sure livened up a slow afternoon.
                        That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth Sonoma View Post
                          w*^orDS filled with ran*()NHJdom punctuation marks & miscellaneous capitalization
                          You sure he wasn't just gargling L33t?
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Edit: Forgot to mention that these contain language and...other things. Proceed with caution.

Okay, here's the scans I promised. I only scanned half of them as it was kind of a lot of the same, but I think you can get the gist of the fax (and probably the phone call) from these. I also edited out anything that looked like the dude's name, fax number, address, ACCOUNT NUMBER (of some sort that was in there) and street addresses of businesses. I really tried to get anything incriminating to anyone outta there.

I also noticed that in this letter, he says HILLARY is the son of Stu and Helen Hart, whereas on the phone with me, he definitely said it was Elizabeth Dole. Soooo...do with that what you will.

Linkage!

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 7

Page 10
                            Last edited by MystyGlyttyr; 10-15-2008, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Oh la la, c'est incroyable!

I don't know what else to say. I hope this guy isn't a danger to himself or anyone else.

Comment

Working...
                              X