Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have only received a refund once at a restaurant. I was a small independent--they lost my order. The manager gave me a refund, because they were out of the item.

The next closest was power outage caused by an ice storm. We finished the soup and the manager ushered everyone out. Could't complete any one's orders or run the cash register.

The only times I sent any food back was when the order was obviously wrong. Once they gave me a chicken concoction when I ordered ribs and another time when the eggs were not cooked as I ordered them.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
      1. Hoss's Steak house. Food was good, waitress was poor. Manager asked "how was everything" when we paid, she politely told him how bad she was, he gave a discount.
      We got a free dessert once because we complained to the manager about our waitress. We're normally very patient people, but this one spilled a drink on my wife, and then vanished without coming back to clean up the mess, give us our check, or see if we needed anything else. I'm sure the waitress got in trouble for that one.

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
      I have only received a refund once at a restaurant. I was a small independent--they lost my order.
      I forgot all about this one. I ordered some pizza a few years ago, and waited. And waited. And waited. I was about to call and find out what was up, when they called me themselves. It turned out that my order got lost, and they just found it and were going to make it and bring it to me for free. As annoyed as I was (I get that way when I'm hungry), it was a nice gesture.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I've never gotten a refund. Mostly because I rarely pay for my food first then receive it.

One of the last times I was at Chili's with The SO we wound up waiting for over an hour for our meal to come by. It was fine, really, because we had ordered the never ending chips and spent the rest of the time playing catch up (we hadn't seen a lot of each other at the time). The waiter was nice enough to keep the drinks refilled while the kitchen staff was backed up.

The waiter (great guy) asked if we wanted dessert at the end of the meal (I got the cheesecake, the SO didn't want anything) and I had to chase him back down because I thought he'd forgotten to add the dessert to the tab! I didn't want him to get in trouble for it since he was great. It was just the kitchen staff that was goofing off. I actually argued with him about it but he insisted his manager had said it was okay so I gave in.

It was tasty cheesecake too. <3
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I was at a nearby McD's with my girlfriend and a couple of friends some time ago. One guy's cheeseburgers took a while longer, so the girl at the counter said she'd bring them over. We all ate (he his chicken nuggets while waiting for the burgers) and were goofing off, so weren't really in a hurry. Some twenty minutes or so later, we noticed that the CBs were taking a lot of time, so he went back up to the counter to ask about them - followed by some good-natured ribbing, of course.

The girl brought the burgers out a few minutes later, apologizing profusely for her mistake, and offered all of us a free dessert because she'd forgotten. We refused at first, stating that there hadn't been anything wrong with our food, but she insisted, on the grounds that she'd made all of us wait. We picked a sundae each in the end, and my girlfriend wrote a mail to Corporate complimenting them on that location.
          You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
            You, sir, are eating loin steak, so, you're eating meat from the cow's crotch. (I dunno... crotch or inner thigh, or something...)
            Sirloin is actually down the back - attached to the vertebrae. The other side of them is fillet. Both of them end at the rump.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
            X