Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here in libraryland, the public computers are automatically turned off 15 minutes before closing. Policy is posted right on the computer.

And the circulation computers automatically get shut down about 3 minutes after we close. We can't turn them back on. We don't really have any problem shuttling people out, they're pretty good here.

Susan

Comment

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post
      So the drink=tea and the evening meal=tea time? Inquiring Americans want to know!
      Nail struck on the head!

Rapscallion

Comment

Staying Late

I remember me and another girl had to stay until about 11 or so one night.
        We were supposed to get off at 10. That's 2200 hours, but no, we got off an hour later. Why? 'Cuz the Coast Guard* couldn't bloody well wait until the morning! And we had to do it anyways because we are under contract from the Canadian gov't to feed the boys that man the ships.

So just how big are their orders? I've found out that our tills will max out at around $1200, depending on the amount of stuff that they have brought up to the till. It wasn't me doing the order though.

We had no service clerks, as they went home at 2200, and our P.I.C. was unloading a truck that had just come in. So no help at all. Just us two.

The chef for the ship that was getting the order had brought up 5 carts full of groceries. We had to ring everything up, put it into about 15 or 16 banana boxes, and stuff it in the back for the delivery in the morning.

My father, who was waiting for me, was not too pleased, but he understood. ** He said that my mom would have taken off long ago whilist waiting for me. *whispers* She's not all that patient at times, especially when she wants to go to bed. */whispers*

I don't want to do that again.*** That just sucked, and if I am asked by management to do it again, my two week notice is going to be on their desk the next morning.

So yeah, that was my late night adventure in cashiering.

*this in no way means I don't like the Coast Guard. I love them, because they have saved many many sorry souls and their stuff way out on any of our three oceans.
        **I also love them because that is how my dad made his living from '76 until '80 or so, but he has needed the knowledge up until present. I just hate it when they want us to stay late like this
        ***(knocks on wood, working late tomorrow night and saturday night!)
        "Otherwise you are free to keep putting your hope in leprechauns, horseshoes and unicorn farts."-Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
        X