Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fenrus, you watch as much Futurama as I do!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
      I did something similar to that. This was before I had a digital camera and was using a 35mm with drop-in loading film.
      I used the camera all day but was confused as to why it wasn't showing how many pictures I had taken and how many I had left.
      I get home to find out I had loaded the film upside down and had now lost all the "pictures" I had taken at the zoo.
      When I went to Niagara Falls when I was 12 I took a whole roll of (presumably) perfectly good pictures, then dropped the roll of film somewhere between the boat and the bus. I went home with exactly one picture of the falls, taken from the window of the bus, and some postcards.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Futurama rules

What was the 'Not Always Right' story....a customer actually thought the color of the cam made it take pix faster
        "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
        "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          When I went to Niagara Falls when I was 12 I took a whole roll of (presumably) perfectly good pictures, then dropped the roll of film somewhere between the boat and the bus. I went home with exactly one picture of the falls, taken from the window of the bus, and some postcards.
          I've got that beat.
          When my parents took a trip to Yosemite, my mom dropped the camera over a waterfall. They had to run out and buy some disposable cameras for the rest of the trip.

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
            Futurama rules

What was the 'Not Always Right' story....a customer actually thought the color of the cam made it take pix faster
            http://notalwaysright.com/ah-managers/1229

That one?
            Marvin: "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to take you down to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't."

Krispy Kreme puts the "ugh" back in "doughnuts".

Comment

Quoth TheComputerError View Post
              Related, but slightly off-topic, are the people who feel that a better camera automatically produces better photos. I've been using my S2 IS for a while and am still producing better photos than almost everyone in my family (except for the professional photographer) who all have the most recent models. I guess technology's no replacement for learning how to do things.
              Heck, one of my best photos was taken with my $40 Vivitar point-n-shoot film camera. I'm sure my $600 Nikon would do just as nice of a job, but I didn't have the Nikon at the time.
              That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth Sonoma View Post
                Heck, one of my best photos was taken with my $40 Vivitar point-n-shoot film camera. I'm sure my $600 Nikon would do just as nice of a job, but I didn't have the Nikon at the time.
                I'd thank you for illustrating my point, but I'm too busy giggling at your avatar.
                Marvin: "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to take you down to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't."

Krispy Kreme puts the "ugh" back in "doughnuts".

Comment

The camera was pink. They always want PINK.

Drives me nuts.

heaven forbid a holiday is coming and they can't buy a pink camera.

Comment

Working...
                  X