This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treat Me Special, While I Treat My Customer's Like Crap

As I've posted before, I work in a call center, and we get orders from a good amount of professionals. Some of the businesses are law firms, construction companies, etc., and we usually don't have problems with the people who call to order, because they're in the Customer Service business as well.

Anyways, I was placing an order with a secretary the other day, she was very rude and was demanding discounts and give-aways, etc. I was doing everything I could to help her, yet she continued to talk down to me the entire time.

Well, as we were speaking, I heard a doorbell jingle from her end of the phone, as a customer walked into her office. She tells me to hold-on for a second and then lays the phone on the desk. This is what I hear on my headset, halfway across the continent.

Secretary: How can I help you? (very nastily)

Customer: Yes, I would like to make an appointment for an estimate on remodeling my kitchen.

Secretary: Well, the estimate person isn't here, so I don't know how I can help you.

Customer: Could you take down my information, or could you please tell me when the estimate person will be in?

Secretary: I have no idea when the estimate person will be in, call back in a couple of days and maybe the person will be here.

Customer: Okay, whatever.... (very exasperated, and the door opens and closes as the customer leaves)

I was appalled at her treating a customer like that, it was inexcusable, it was pointless and definately cost that company a nice sum of money. I mean I've had some times where I was rude to a customer, and didn't realize it, but I tried to fix the situation if I picked up on it.

Wow. Just really, wow.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

After all, SC's have to work somewhere right? Did any of us think the phrase "Do unto others..." existed in the SC lexicon?

No wait, there is no SC lexicon, that would involve reading. Silly me.
      Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Karma can be a bitch though.

At my mother's office, her receptionist is usually a bit rude to most callers. Trust me, when I tell her who I am, it's awesome to hear her turn a complete 180 from her usual bitchy self I also get the feeling that she's about to have kittens as well. In other words, she kisses my ass because my mother is her boss
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Should have made sure that you "accidently" disconnected that call.
          I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

man i was hoing youwhere oging to say your business is giving these idiots the means to privide a serivce and you had to "politely" tell the B---- that you need her business to be reviewed

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
              man i was hoing youwhere oging to say your business is giving these idiots the means to privide a serivce and you had to "politely" tell the B---- that you need her business to be reviewed
              Seriously. Or if your calls are recorded, a copy of that should fall into her boss's lap. And the person who does the estimates.

Comment

We're not allowed to share that information, unless someone from the business calls and "demands" to here the call. If our outgoing calls weren't recorded, I would so call and let them know about this situation.

In this economy, any business is good business.

Comment

Working...
                X